Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cheshire Setter

Unique Expansion Opportunity for RL

Recommended Posts

Okay, so it's the Daily Mail but for Wigan fans it may even top the Nou Camp experience, playing at a Labour Camp:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7062527/Now-book-train-ticket-WIGAN-NORTH-KOREA.html

For the return match, I'm not sure George Orwell would approve Kim Jong-Un having a pint in his pub at Wigan Pier though, what with his stance on communism n all... 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Okay, so it's the Daily Mail but for Wigan fans it may even top the Nou Camp experience, playing at a Labour Camp:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7062527/Now-book-train-ticket-WIGAN-NORTH-KOREA.html

For the return match, I'm not sure George Orwell would approve Kim Jong-Un having a pint in his pub at Wigan Pier though, what with his stance on communism n all... 😊

Would they bring any away fans though? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Would they bring any away fans though? 

 

31pdht.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Imagine the crowds! They’ll be dying to get in....

It would be awful to exist in a place where freedom of expression and creativity is not allowed.

Actually just sounds like Wigan..

Edited by TheLegendOfTexEvans
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

It would be awful to exist in a place where freedom of expression and creativity is not allowed.

Actually just sounds like Wigan..

It might work.

The Pylons could base themselves in Wigan for away games then play their home games in blocks for say, 30 years at a time.

Not sure where the players will come from, though. Perhaps convert a few chess players? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It might work.

The Pylons could base themselves in Wigan for away games then play their home games in blocks for say, 30 years at a time.

Not sure where the players will come from, though. Perhaps convert a few chess players? 

The other thing we’d have to consider is players suddenly declaring themselves refugees and claiming asylum in a better place.   I’m not sure North Korea could cope with that many Wiganer refugees... 😊

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rungrado 1st of May Stadium capacity is around 150,000 people. That’d break some records.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copa said:

Rungrado 1st of May Stadium capacity is around 150,000 people. That’d break some records.

 

But on the other hand think of the hundreds of fans who booked early, only to find the other 149,000 got a 50% discount on Kim-Groupon.

There’d be a meltdown on the North Korean RL forums at Totalitarian Rugby League.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But can they provide a TV contract, and won't they just be another drain on the player pool taking good Yorks & Lancs lads to play for them😎

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I believe they have a friendly lined up with Ottawa Delusionals.

As they say in Milwaukee "Fear the Deer" Milwaukee Bucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan fans would not like North Korea, no-one is allowed to walk out.

  • Haha 2

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...