Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gray1967

Sky Highlights Rant

Considering we are one of the regular sports on Sky(altough it might not seem like it sometimes), why is it that we dont have decent highlights? They seem to show full replays or extended highlights of other sports, but we get a 15 min replay that just shows the tries, so you can sorta work out who is going to win!  Anybody know why  this is? Not the end of the world granted but does iritate me.

I don’t like it either. It doesn’t give the sport chance to attract casual fans.

Add that to the fact that every weekend other than this one 3-4 of the games are filmed so amateurishly that they negatively impact the image of the game rather than add to it.

It's a good shout. There was one night during the week where I had a look at what was on Sky Sports during primetime (8.30ish) and there was literally no live sport - Main Event was carrying some Australian netball.

Only a few years ago the live matches were repeated in a slightly shorter format 1-2 times - usually around midnight and sometimes the next morning. Now once it has happened, it has gone - or, as you say, you get a 4-minute rundown of the tries at random times.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

It's a good shout. There was one night during the week where I had a look at what was on Sky Sports during primetime (8.30ish) and there was literally no live sport - Main Event was carrying some Australian netball.

Only a few years ago the live matches were repeated in a slightly shorter format 1-2 times - usually around midnight and sometimes the next morning. Now once it has happened, it has gone - or, as you say, you get a 4-minute rundown of the tries at random times.

I have Sky but not the sports channels but I do have access to SS Mix which occasionally shows RL. However I often check to see what’s on SSM and it’s like netball appears to be on almost permanently. Whoever negotiated the Sky deal on behalf of netball deserves knighting.

rldfsignature.jpg

24 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I have Sky but not the sports channels but I do have access to SS Mix which occasionally shows RL. However I often check to see what’s on SSM and it’s like netball appears to be on almost permanently. Whoever negotiated the Sky deal on behalf of netball deserves knighting.

There's a big push for women's sports to gain parity with mens. 

BBC are just as bad for pushing women's sports when it would appear no one cares.

In Sky catchup  you can usually get the full game. Maybe that is to make Sky more attractive than other providers, dunno.

But it is odd, the Grand Final repeats are a waste of time now. God knows why they don't use their archive of classic games.

• Like 1