Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Notice how he sucker punches the bloke on the blind side and then scuttles back to his crowd for protection. What an absolute #### house.

Edited by Griff9of13
  • Like 4

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

21 hours ago, Vambo said:

He's a horrible piece of work. It's beyond me how anyone 'supports' him. 

I agree that he's horrible. Thankfully, I don't think many people do support him. Only a tiny minority, and they're no better than he is.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I agree that he's horrible. Thankfully, I don't think many people do support him. Only a tiny minority, and they're no better than he is.

I think you'd be surprised how many people think he is just a truth-teller. In America, amongst the anti-SJW crowd, he was often featured on quite high-profile media as an ally. He's been on Fox News, Dave Rubin and Stephen Crowder in this vein and been defended by people like Douglas Murray and James Delingpole. To them, he was just a free-speech advocate who was being shut down for saying things about Muslims that the left don't want to hear.

When I used to follow some of these videos, I would regularly point out that he isn't just some innocent truth seeker but that his organisation (the EDL) were basically a disgusting group of racists. In all honesty, their inclusion of him certainly was one of the factors that prevented me from going down that rabbit hole.

This actually could be very harmful to him because there are some who have convinced themselves that he isn't what the EDL became, after all he left, but that he is just the only one willing to talk about some uncomfortable truths. Incidents like this help to sharpen the mind and remind them of who he actually is: a two-bit football hooligan.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

There’s a few supporters on this board, plus a few who are not fans but seem to defend him quite enthusiastically.

• Like 4

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Indeed. It is depressing how many are only not like him because they are cowardly. Naturally, they think he is brave and they are braver than his opponents. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

There’s a few supporters on this board, plus a few who are not fans but seem to defend him quite enthusiastically.

Who though?

I can't think of anyone that supports or defends him enthusiastically here. 

Quite a few people who were angry about him being 'assaulted' with a milkshake don't seem to have taken up with the same level of anger at him actually ####### somebody. Maybe it happened because of the milkshake.

• Like 4

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Quite a few people who were angry about him being 'assaulted' with a milkshake don't seem to have taken up with the same level of anger at him actually ####### somebody. Maybe it happened because of the milkshake.

Guns don't kill people, milkshakes do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It’s easy to find yourself unknowingly aligning with Yaxley Lennon when you despise SJWs. So one may not necessarily support him but as the old saying goes, “the enemy of my enemy is a friend”. 

28 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

It’s easy to find yourself unknowingly aligning with Yaxley Lennon when you despise SJWs. So one may not necessarily support him but as the old saying goes, “the enemy of my enemy is a friend”. 

It all depends how gullible you are in the first place. The first time I saw him on TV I thought - " This bloke's a real ham shanker."

What have you got against Scottish Jehovah's Witnesses anyway ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It all depends how gullible you are in the first place. The first time I saw him on TV I thought - " This bloke's a real ham shanker."

Nope SJWs speak for themselves. Nobody is misled on what they stand for 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Nope SJWs speak for themselves. Nobody is misled on what they stand for 

So, given a choice between:

- gobby know-it-alls who whine on the internet and upset right-wing princesses; and
- a nasty little thug who causes physical violence on the streets of the UK and promotes violence to others with his (mainly) islamophobic hatred

you choose the nasty little thug? Hmmm.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

1 minute ago, ckn said:

So, given a choice between:

- gobby know-it-alls who whine on the internet and upset right-wing princesses; and
- a nasty little thug who causes physical violence on the streets of the UK and promotes violence to others with his (mainly) islamophobic hatred

you choose the nasty little thug? Hmmm.

You’re diminishing and trivialising the impact that SJWs have on society. They unfortunately just don’t whine on the internet. They have more power than what you give them credit for 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

You’re diminishing and trivialising the impact that SJWs have on society. They unfortunately just don’t whine on the internet. They have more power than what you give them credit for 

I haven't seen them stand for elected power.  I haven't seen them blindside someone in a cowardly attack.  I haven't seen them on the streets inciting physical violence and hatred against minorities.  I haven't seen them be in it entirely for themselves. 

I have seen them act like university debating clubs where young people who think they know everything whine a lot at the evil old world.  That's been happening for centuries yet now we've got t'interweb where they can whine on a wider scale and upset a lot of angry white folk who then whine back even harder.

• Like 4

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

3 hours ago, ckn said:

I haven't seen them stand for elected power.  I haven't seen them blindside someone in a cowardly attack.  I haven't seen them on the streets inciting physical violence and hatred against minorities.  I haven't seen them be in it entirely for themselves. 

I have seen them act like university debating clubs where young people who think they know everything whine a lot at the evil old world.  That's been happening for centuries yet now we've got t'interweb where they can whine on a wider scale and upset a lot of angry white folk who then whine back even harder.

This misunderstands Yorkshire Knight’s perspective. If you think you should be far more valued by society, and every advantage you have is not recognised by you as right and proper, something will seem to be wrong.

Meanwhile, people with the same mindset claim that you are actually unfairly advantaged and push an agenda to lower your status further. It seems that society has already gone wrong and these people are making it worse. No wonder they seem like a cancer to him. 

From the viewpoint, Tommy Robinson is a horrible man fighting a worse enemy.

The alt-right is often stigmatised by its association with sexually frustrated men. But to be fulfilled in relationships and as a man is important to most men. It is mainly why status matters to them. 

I completely disagree with Mr Knight, but there is something understandable. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

41 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

This misunderstands Yorkshire Knight’s perspective. If you think you should be far more valued by society, and every advantage you have is not recognised by you as right and proper, something will seem to be wrong.

Meanwhile, people with the same mindset claim that you are actually unfairly advantaged and push an agenda to lower your status further. It seems that society has already gone wrong and these people are making it worse. No wonder they seem like a cancer to him. 

From the viewpoint, Tommy Robinson is a horrible man fighting a worse enemy.

The alt-right is often stigmatised by its association with sexually frustrated men. But to be fulfilled in relationships and as a man is important to most men. It is mainly why status matters to them. 

I completely disagree with Mr Knight, but there is something understandable. 

Nah, it’s only acceptable on the same premise that the BNP is acceptable. If you find the BNP unacceptable then Yaxley-Lennon is unacceptable. I consider both vile and will happily treat them as such. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Nah, it’s only acceptable on the same premise that the BNP is acceptable. If you find the BNP unacceptable then Yaxley-Lennon is unacceptable. I consider both vile and will happily treat them as such. 

I agree. 

But we have to wonder why Yorkshire Knight sees some over pious people on Twitter as an existential threat. It does not initially make sense. 

3 hours ago, ckn said:

Sounds like you’re presenting anecdotal evidence which really doesn’t prove your point. But I’ll address each one nonetheless:

1. How can you claim that they don’t stand to be elected? Do those that stand do it on the basis of being SJWs or are they just anybody who supports SJW views? You’ll find that the latter is more likely just like a racist wouldn’t stand on the basis of being a neo nazi. There are plenty of politicians who could be considered SJWs. Furthermore, you have corporations bowing to SJW views and mainstream media supporting them. To.claim that they have no power is disingenuous. 

2. What is your definition of an attack? I’d argue that throwing any tangible object certainly qualifies as one. I’m sure you’ve seen these attacks recently. Also are we just forgetting about ANTIFA? I’m sure many in the group would consider themselves SJWs and there’s plenty of video evidence showing ANTIFA violence.

3. Inciting violence against anybody is wrong. That goes without saying. You don’t have to look far to see the advocation of violence against political opponents. 

4. I’m not sure what you mean by not being in it entirely for themselves. There are far greater and more important issues in society which doesn’t receive half the attention that moronic SJW views do. 

5. Is the total shutdown of opposing political views considered debating especially with public speaking at universities? Is the advocation of banning and deplatforming political opponents considered debating? It’s quite obvious that they are more radical than you’re letting on. 

I think where you’re going wrong is that you’re separating SJWs from leftists. They’re not seperate ideologies as views overlap. Every leftist may not consider themselves to be an SJW but every SJW will consider themselves as leftist. 

31 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Sounds like you’re presenting anecdotal evidence which really doesn’t prove your point. But I’ll address each one nonetheless:

1. How can you claim that they don’t stand to be elected? Do those that stand do it on the basis of being SJWs or are they just anybody who supports SJW views? You’ll find that the latter is more likely just like a racist wouldn’t stand on the basis of being a neo nazi. There are plenty of politicians who could be considered SJWs. Furthermore, you have corporations bowing to SJW views and mainstream media supporting them. To.claim that they have no power is disingenuous. 

2. What is your definition of an attack? I’d argue that throwing any tangible object certainly qualifies as one. I’m sure you’ve seen these attacks recently. Also are we just forgetting about ANTIFA? I’m sure many in the group would consider themselves SJWs and there’s plenty of video evidence showing ANTIFA violence.

3. Inciting violence against anybody is wrong. That goes without saying. You don’t have to look far to see the advocation of violence against political opponents. 

4. I’m not sure what you mean by not being in it entirely for themselves. There are far greater and more important issues in society which doesn’t receive half the attention that moronic SJW views do. 

5. Is the total shutdown of opposing political views considered debating especially with public speaking at universities? Is the advocation of banning and deplatforming political opponents considered debating? It’s quite obvious that they are more radical than you’re letting on. 

I think where you’re going wrong is that you’re separating SJWs from leftists. They’re not seperate ideologies as views overlap. Every leftist may not consider themselves to be an SJW but every SJW will consider themselves as leftist. 

I suspect you think I am trivial and you are on too high an intellectual level to bother with me. I would suggest almost everyone else thinks you are merely a nutter. 

1. You are correct than SJW is a perjorative term. People generally believe they are campaigning for a just society, even when opposing each other. The onus is therefore on you to describe what you mean. 

2. and 3. In the Brexit debate, we have had those on the right for Brexit shoot an MP, plan a murder, and an MEP lie about an assasination attempt- presumably to ratchet up tensions.  To see some on the right more outraged at some lefties throwing milkshakes seems incongruous to say the least. 

You yourself express sympathy for Tommy Robinson and blame that on the left. Apparently, an attention seeking tweet from an American teenager is far worse. 

On the surface, that is bonkers.  If you believe it is the left wing concept of social justice is a terrible danger to our society, it makes sense. But, justify that fear. 

4. I am slightly irritated that I defined the Republicans as the party of the top 1% and the Democrats as the party of the top 10% long before Ckn. Yet it reads as smarter coming from him.  

It is true. 

Issues that affect the poor are sidelined. Were there not some level of privilege, the SJW issues would be as sidelined as you think they should be. If you are on a genuine crusade to lift the forgotten, I salute you. If you think those issues should be sidelined for ones that you feel affect you, then perhaps reflect a little. 

5. I do not have personal experience of this. What is your personal experience of this? 

41 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

4. I am slightly irritated that I defined the Republicans as the party of the top 1% and the Democrats as the party of the top 10% long before Ckn. Yet it reads as smarter coming from him.  

I first heard that (or very similar) in the early 1980s from Ms Uchida, a Californian exchange teacher probably wondering what the hell she was doing exchanging with a school in a rough mining town. She was our science teacher in first year at high school and she did a few lessons on the US structure and system. 

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

I first heard that (or very similar) in the early 1980s from Ms Uchida, a Californian exchange teacher probably wondering what the hell she was doing exchanging with a school in a rough mining town. She was our science teacher in first year at high school and she did a few lessons on the US structure and system. 

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

Bah! 

So not only is it not my song, but I don’t even do the best cover. 

People think of Republican voters as voting against their own interest, which is accurate economically, but misses the point. Our own problems are by definition more important to us than other peoples’. The big status losers in the USA are straight, white men. It is one thing to not be actively racist, but another to accept your own relative downfall - which explains much of the language of the alt-right. To them, society is unfairly hurting them, as equality hurts them more than they gain from others being elevated. 

If you are maintaining high social status on the new society, or at least the status you feel you deserve, it is easy to be magnanimous. Of course, relationships are a big part of this, which is why men who cannot connect well with women our angriest. They see other men getting ahead and those okay with it get called cucks. Although, ironically, it is us who actually have the relationships. It is understandably visceral. 

It is also a dangerous rabbit hole, as the only people who seem to understand are very nasty indeed. Hence sympathy with Yaxley-Lennon. 

• Like 1