Toronto Wolfpack fold....?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew this thread was only a matter of time...

In short we would lose an awful lot, and potentially a damn site more going forward if the Wolfpack and wider game in Canada even comes close to reaching the potential shown. That should be pretty obvious to anyone without an agenda.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Would it matter?  What would we lose?

seriously, what is the point of this thread?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 minute ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

seriously, what is the point of this thread?

Wishful thinking, maybe?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not the end, I believe that this is the start of the end for the TWP. Argyle is funding the project and, although he stated that he will honour this, I'm sure he'll be looking to slowly remove himself from involvement over time.

Just now, ojx said:

Not the end, I believe that this is the start of the end for the TWP. Argyle is funding the project and, although he stated that he will honour this, I'm sure he'll be looking to slowly remove himself from involvement over time.

Yep. Maybe he’s read the lay of the land and sees a rocky road to turn a profit?

Stop spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt. There’s absolutely no reason for TWP to fold. But Canada and Australia are worlds apart socially so it’s unfortunate that this issue has happened under these circumstances. Canada is super liberal so these issues shouldn’t be treated lightly 

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yep. Maybe he’s read the lay of the land and sees a rocky road to turn a profit?

I've thought that too. This could be a good excuse to get out, with SL being less than enthusiastic about the venture, and no money in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Stop spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt. There’s absolutely no reason for TWP to fold. But Canada and Australia are worlds apart socially so it’s unfortunate that this issue has happened under these circumstances. Canada is super liberal so these issues shouldn’t be treated loghtl 

I think you meant to type "covfefe".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, ojx said:

I've thought that too. This could be a good excuse to get out with SL being less than enthusiastic about the venture and no money in the Championship. 

They had that late payment issue last year due to a cashflow problem, TV ratings here haven’t been great and they have resorted to hawking cannabis oil. It wasn’t all roses in the garden before the Swinton thing.

6 minutes ago, ojx said:

I've thought that too. This could be a good excuse to get out, with SL being less than enthusiastic about the venture, and no money in the Championship. 

Exactly, TWP need to be in Super League to survive.  Playing in the Championship with community clubs is fine for now but won't be long term.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

They had that late payment issue last year due to a cashflow problem, TV ratings here haven’t been great and they have resorted to hawking cannabis oil. It wasn’t all roses in the garden before the Swinton thing.

The CBD Oil is a good investment.  There is big money to be made in the Cannabis market in Canada.  TWP will make money if they are in Super League.  If they aren't allowed in though they have no commercial value and will fold.

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

I think you meant to type "covfefe".

You can joke but while most on here wouldn’t view this issue very seriously, these sort of “racist” slip ups are not afforded second chances in the liberal world. We can just be thankful that TWP doesn’t yet have a high standing in Canadian sport or else it would be national headlines and the focus of greater public scrutiny. The team is relatively new too so public perception may not seperate the owner from the team. Fallout could have been worse but thank goodness the sport is still somewhat on the fringe in Canada and the Toronto Raptors are on the verge of winning the NBA finals. 

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Troll?!

The guy who has bankrolled Toronto Wolfpack has just sacked himself. It’s a valid question.

Not really. He's been pretty clear that he's continuing to fund the club and that they've started looking for a successor. Why would they do that if they were folding.

It's a stupid thread.

Just now, Moove said:

Not really. He's been pretty clear that he's continuing to fund the club and that they've started looking for a successor. Why would they do that if they were folding.

It's a stupid thread.

Yes it is 

19 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Troll?!

The guy who has bankrolled Toronto Wolfpack has just sacked himself. It’s a valid question.

Yes, you are a troll.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived