Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Been to three Yorkshire League games this season. Goole Vikings v Keighley Albion (26-22), Nottingham Outlaws v New Earswick All Blacks (0-19) and Stainland Stags v Goole Vikings (16-19) each featured two full teams. Two-thirds of the crowd at Stainland yesterday had travelled over from Goole. Quite impressive. I was told there were three Goole RU players in the Vikings line-up. That said, there do seem to be an alarming number of P-Ps in the Yorkshire League.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier league is fast becoming a joke. As soon as sides loose a few they throw the towel in. 

Already lost Bramley and Lindley. Cutsyke wouldn’t travel to Nottingham yesterday and heard West Hull are stuggling aswell.

 

Not sure what the RFL can do to stop this but it’s not good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2019 at 22:51, Hopping Mad said:

Been to three Yorkshire League games this season. Goole Vikings v Keighley Albion (26-22), Nottingham Outlaws v New Earswick All Blacks (0-19) and Stainland Stags v Goole Vikings (16-19) each featured two full teams. Two-thirds of the crowd at Stainland yesterday had travelled over from Goole. Quite impressive. I was told there were three Goole RU players in the Vikings line-up. That said, there do seem to be an alarming number of P-Ps in the Yorkshire League.

Shame Goole couldn't get young Tink Taylor from the Union club, he is a cracking League player.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2019 at 06:54, RugbyLad said:

Premier league is fast becoming a joke. As soon as sides loose a few they throw the towel in. 

Already lost Bramley and Lindley. Cutsyke wouldn’t travel to Nottingham yesterday and heard West Hull are stuggling aswell.

 

Not sure what the RFL can do to stop this but it’s not good. 

I thought Cutsyke was in a good position regarding Player numbers.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Marauder said:

I thought Cutsyke was in a good position regarding Player numbers.

Think they were expecting to near top of the league, once this didn’t happen they seem to have lost interest.

 

Hopefully they can get a side out the next few weeks especially for the away games. 

 

Feel for Nottingham they always seem to be the ones let down by the away teams. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two full teams, with subs, for this afternoon's first-versus-second Yorkshire League Division Five clash at Brotherton, who pipped Dodworth Miners 12-10 to extend to six their 100 per cent start to the season. Tight, tense game settled in Bulldogs' favour by a 79th-minute penalty. Two tries apiece. Even avoided the torrential rain in the vicinity! About 90 watching.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...