1. The salary cap has proved to be nonsense as they have found in Australia.
It's unworkable and unmangeable.
2. The more equal competition has not been provided by the SC but by SKY TV money.
3. As for a league that is likely to be won by any club, that is total nonsense.
4. The NRL are to now dump the SC over the next two or three years and will trial a replacment system next year. I do hope our RFL/SL will trial a replacement for our SC that reflects the needs of RL here and not just replicate the NRL system simply because the Australians are doing it and therefore so must we
1. Of course it works - the top clubs on the whole are reigned in, of course it's manageable - clubs are caught and punished. If you want to argue it's not a perfect system then suggest what is?
2. You are right and for me we should ask SKY what they want if they are the paymasters. If they want an even competition then the salary cap stays and the SKY money could also be distributed unevenly. However maybe SKY back the cap behind closed doors so it could be an academic argument.
3. Like the expansion clubs crowds and home grown players they will always be hit over the head for the lack of them in their formative years by supporters of clubs who have been around 130 years. Similarly the cap has been applied to a series of clubs only a few of whom can stand on their own two feet financially, clubs who are fledglings, clubs who are in bad grounds and clubs who don't have sugar daddies etc.
Easy to condemn a system that can't yet work across the board because of other problems.
4. So what's the system you advocate??? If you want to bad mouth and remove a system suggest something? All down the years you have just left the argument as "The cap should be abolished" even Boogie has shifted to admitting wage inflation would be the result and a small clique of clubs playing out a league within a league.
We have that now, but the cap is there to help reign it in and in time when other clubs get on their feet we will see a more even competition.
The development of SL as a league of 14 big clubs all on full cap and all bringing through good juniors of equal quality isn't a 10 year thing and maybe isn't a 20 year thing.