Record gate for Leigh at LSV on saturday

?

Mr Beaumont is opening the gates for anyone who cares to turn up, he has already apologised to the season ticket holders but says he wants the whole town to celebrate, and hopes that they understand his sentiments.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Club Statement

Leigh Centurions are celebrating their return to Super League, and as a huge 'Thank You' to the Legions of Leigh fans, Club Owner Derek Beaumont has announced that entry to the last home game of the season with Batley Bulldogs this Saturday will be free of charge, subject to availability.

The aim is fill the Leigh Sports Village Stadium to capacity and mark the achievements of Neil Jukes' Leigh Centurions side in fitting style as a celebration for the people of Leigh and surrounding areas on the Club's return to Super League.

Leigh Centurions can confirm that this offer is being extended to supporters of Batley Bulldogs, and indeed all supporters of the Greatest Game Of All.

At this stage, the arrangements to facilitate this are being made, and ticket 'sales' are suspended. A further press release will be made with full details once everything is in place.

In the meantime, please bear with us, and save yourself a trip to the ticket office or a phone call, as tickets are not yet available.

Season Ticket holders are unaffected, and will be able to use their season tickets as normal.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Great stuff, well done Leigh. Clever way to get people in and sell them season tickets for super league. Actual promotional effort, hope everyone has a great time

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Virtually sold out now, great marketing with SL season tickets on sale next week and a marquee signing also tba that will rock SL

Not a televised match, as far as I can see, but I'll look forward to seeing the highlights footage, just to catch a bit of the atmosphere. Anyone who's going, enjoy the day!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great move by Leigh. If they can afford it, which they clearly can, then what better way to get people on board with SL 2017 than watching them get a (very likely) win and celebrating promotion as a town. Good on them. I'm sure the bar takings will be a bonus as well!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

What the hell is going on!

I find it absolutely disgusting that the Leigh club is using the last game of a season when they have achieved promotion to the SL to promote the club in such an outlandish and sorrowful way.

Surely the RFL, SL, Esther Rantzen, Watchdog and Donal McIntryre should investigate this abhorrent celebration that involves the club wanting to share the success with existing supporers and potential supporters and to attract more sponsors ..... More sponsors? Surely Uncle Joes Mint Balls and the local Fish and Chip shop give enough already. Greedy, that is what I say.

AND I don't think Leigh have thought this through at all. Surely the plethora of motor vehicles driving towards the stadium will stop kids from playing hopscotch on the road; and how do they expect the local butcher to supply the extra pies; Also Now that the stadium is covered who will retrieve all the flat caps that will get stuck in the roof when chaps throw them up in air to celebrate when the team comes out?

No, no, no NO! This is Rugby League, not some other johnny go lately sport that wants to celebrate their sport!

What I suggest is that the club charge £200 per person so that only 50 people turn up and we can sit back knowing that all is well in the sport.

P.S. Well done Leigh. I hope the venture brings in new season ticket holders next year.

Couldn't get there, contacted the club at 18:45 last night to be informed all the tickets have gone in the North Stand where I go to each game - missed one all season, and only two away, also the West stand fully allocated there are some still available in the East and they are saving the South till they receive the numbers required from Batley, then will release the remainder.

For those who know the ground the North Stand is the popular noisy end, with the West stand being the one opposite the TV cameras, I am sure you can work out the rest.

Online ticketing crashed over night with demand from those unable or unwilling to buy before 7pm when the ticket office closed, another interesting day in prospect, with the South stand expected to be open soon to meet demand. 9500 tickets were made available yesterday with not many left

Not exactly. That 8000 will include ST holders who have already paid in advance.

Personally, I think its a great gesture. I hope the place is packed - they deserve to have a party!

Totally agree i'm chuffed for them to be fair they have the resources to make a real fist of SL too.

It is a good idea, well done.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived