Can a Traditional Kangaroo Tour Work?

Apologies if I misunderstood you Spud. The love rugby league article very much stated that the Pacifc test will be played on the origin weekend to satisfy the void in broadcasting. The fact they are being moved to the Origin weekend from the Anzac weekend would seem to support that no? And the fact that Origin are being flexible in allowing pacific island Interntionals to play Origin is at worst a failure to see a threat from interntional RL, and at best a willingness to work with it. The head of the ARLC is on the RLIF board.

I don't think Origin will ever move to 3 consecutive weekends. The media love building the hype over a month between tests

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can honestly say I don't mind what the format is - World Cup, tours, 4 Nations.  I like watching England v NZ or Australia either way.

Always ends up the same anyway - me getting overexcited then England/GB losing agonisingly.  Or getting battered. 

Ain't that the truth... other than on the TV, I never seen England/GB win in London or England/GB beat Australia when I've attended.

It's the nature of the defeats that kills me - I feel like I have seen every type. 

1-0 up in the series then lose agonisingly

Get destroyed in a World Cup semi final

Get whitewashed 3-0 losing each by a converted try

Losing a semi final in the dying seconds

Losing by a cricket score

Losing when everyone expected them to

Losing when no one expected them to

The 2015 series win v the Kiwis was a big highlight for me; I nearly wept with relief.

Archived