Challenge Cup sixth round: Salford and Castleford's Cup history

I've just visited the beeb website cos i wanted to know which tie was being shown and found Dave Wood was doing a look at Cas and Salford's cup history and it was quite good and nice to see old footage from our history so well done Aunty, I thought!

But there were two bit of old comment left on there that served no purpose in the report. One was an age old condescending reference to Cas as a "Little Yorkshire Town" which it is but why use it? The other was " They'll be celebrations in Jon Joyner's fish and chip shop tonight!" again why was it there. Now I know that there is a tendency to be touchy about Aunty's attitudes generally about TGG but why when it was about the CC did those two things remain? And the only answer I could come up with was the beeb trying to provoke the kind of outcry this kind of slipshod stuff can bring out in fans. In other words are they simply collecting evidence for the next time they get called in by the APRLG or are they a bit thick and can't turn the volume down on a bit of irrelevant old commentary?

It reminded of that bit in the Windsors where they visited the North! Happy being Hecky thump then?

Have a look and see what you think!

I also think I'd have prefered to see the Oldham game!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived