NRL grand final

Terry Mac

Absolutely fantastic game, break neck speed, power and skill all on show. The ultimate club game of professional rugby(either code).

Jonathan Thurston was amazing. The lads covered in stardust. Everything NQ did went through him. I doubt there is anyone better. I certainly won't be seeing anyone better in the RU World Cup.

Absolutely fantastic game, break neck speed, power and skill all on show. The ultimate club game of professional rugby(either code).

Jonathan Thurston was amazing. The lads covered in stardust. Everything NQ did went through him. I doubt there is anyone better. I certainly won't be seeing anyone better in the RU World Cup.

That chip on your shoulder is more like a potato.

Too many RL supporters make utter fools out of themselves with their jealousy of the other code.

Too many RL supporters make utter fools out of themselves with their jealousy of the other code.

again this is a rugby league forum, if we wanted to be preached to about that other rubbish, then we'd go on a union forum, there's obviously going to be the majority on here who don't like it.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

How ironic that you should call others foolish because they express an opinion.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

He hasn't said anything that isn't true Geordie Townie. There won't be a game as good as that or a player as good as Thurston but he's a freak and that this morning was high quality rugby league

I didn't say he did.

But the constant referral to union (not from any particular individual) is a bit pathetic and embarrassing really.

Incredible .... That's why it's the greatest game . Every skill , every emotion , every bit of drama , played at high speed by the ultimate sporting athletes at the highest level of sport . Brisbane defended supremely , and I feel sorry for Jack Reed who was great and Ben Hunt , who didn't deserve that moment . But you can't knock the Cowboys spirit and drive right to the death ... And that man , the next immortal , who writes that script ? 100 countries .. I feel sorry for the rest !!

We have had a lot of the union world cup rammed down our throats in recent weeks and how exciting and spectacular it is. How it is the ultimate rugby, and the constant fawning and promotion by the BBC who aren't even showing it.

Now I'll watch union on the tv, probably over football, but I get frustrated at the lack of quality on show. 

Some of the comments on here are to balance the view being promoted in the past few weeks - in that there is a better form of rugby that what has been on show in their world cup and its called Rugby League

I didn't say he did.

But the constant referral to union (not from any particular individual) is a bit pathetic and embarrassing really.

This is a Rugby League forum, what do you expect???. I much prefer Rugby League to watch and find Union very boring... and before you ask, yes I have actually been to watch Union and not just watched it on the TV.

As for football - can't stand it!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Actually son I have been watching the rugby union World Cup, so no chip on shoulder there. Just my opinion of which I'm entitled to. Jonathan Thurston IMO is the best player of either code. It seems to me that if anyone disagrees with you you start to throw your toys out of the pram. Grow up boy.

Just shut up about it for God's sake. Do you not see the irony in you taking huff for just giving your opinion when every time any gives an opinion piece on union you jump in to tell us were just jealous?

And what about Jason Demetriou ? Third tier of English rugby , builds a coaching name , takes a shot in Oz and his success ends up with him in the NRL and winning a grand final !

Demetriou returned to Australia in 2013, becoming the head coach for the Northern Pride in the Queensland Cup. During his two seasons at the Pride, the club won back-to-back minor premierships, the 2014 Queensland Cup Grand Final and the inaugural NRL State Championship game. In 2014, he coached the Queensland Residents side, who defeated the NSW Cup rep side 24-16.

Phenomenal strike rate as a coach, even an assistant.

Demetriou returned to Australia in 2013, becoming the head coach for the Northern Pride in the Queensland Cup. During his two seasons at the Pride, the club won back-to-back minor premierships, the 2014 Queensland Cup Grand Final and the inaugural NRL State Championship game. In 2014, he coached the Queensland Residents side, who defeated the NSW Cup rep side 24-16.

Phenomenal strike rate as a coach, even an assistant.

With our Latu Fifita in his team!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Just shut up about it for God's sake. Do you not see the irony in you taking huff for just giving your opinion when every time any gives an opinion piece on union you jump in to tell us were just jealous?

That's the way it's portrayed.

I prefer watching league to union but don't feel the need to constantly slate union.

Like I said let's just hope the RFU don't go on a spending spree and take leagues best players.

for half a season anyway

Two thirds of the season...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived