Town v Broncos

Terry Mac

Big game this weekend and it could be a win for us if we play like we did at haven. Sammut is the player we've been missing for years and with his knowledge of how London play I'm sticking my neck out and going for a home win.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll win and it might even be comfortable. There a weird side London. Beat Leigh, were excellant vs Sheffield but struggle with haven and get beat by the Rams. Town 32 London 18

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I agree with PV , town played some scruffy attacking rugby and offered no shapes in attack , yes town dominated in the forwards and in defence but it was the worst haven performance since they last played at DP so theres still a lot of work to be done this week if they are going to be able to break down london , its possible but it will be far tougher than yesterday 

I agree with PV , town played some scruffy attacking rugby and offered no shapes in attack , yes town dominated in the forwards and in defence but it was the worst haven performance since they last played at DP so theres still a lot of work to be done this week if they are going to be able to break down london , its possible but it will be far tougher than yesterday 

Was it their worst performance ? should we not be giving credit to our lad's for an amazing defensive effort ? some of our tackling yesterday was outstanding, I don't think they made a clean break in the whole game.

Was it their worst performance ? should we not be giving credit to our lad's for an amazing defensive effort ? some of our tackling yesterday was outstanding, I don't think they made a clean break in the whole game.

yes town dominated in the forwards and in defence.

I did say they dominated defensively and ye it was a credit to the team but the go forward in attacking positions and ball handling is still short of where it needs to be and i think this is what PV was also saying in the paper .

Why? How many Haven games have you seen?

I dont get your point Geordie , all i'm saying is i thought PV was spot on in his news paper interview and that he said was what i was feeling after the game , jubilant of the win but the frailties in attack and ball handling were still evident although the defence was pretty good as was sammut ive seen haven four times as most town supporters will have but they must have played better in recent months going by the wins they have picked up 

Haven were bad because town wore them down and mentally destroyed them in the 1st 20 minutes. After that there was only ever one winner. Town made them poor.

The main reason Town won for me is that Sammut kept them pinned back with intelligent kicking. It exhausted them. His organisation was good as well.

Would love to see us sign him for a few seasons but I reckon his full time wages are out of our league.

I think if we get fifita off the wage bill then his wages will be enough to pay for sammut. Plus players seem to love it up here once they get here so if we tree him right, stay in the league then I think there's a chance we could get him. Remember none of his other sides have given him a regular chance, we are so that would surely possibly entice him.

I think if we get fifita off the wage bill then his wages will be enough to pay for sammut. Plus players seem to love it up here once they get here so if we tree him right, stay in the league then I think there's a chance we could get him. Remember none of his other sides have given him a regular chance, we are so that would surely possibly entice him.

I'd like to think your right, although I've heard his Wakefield contract was substantial to say the least.

But isn't Fifita his mate and may have had some influence on him signing and on possibly staying?

But isn't Fifita his mate and may have had some influence on him signing and on possibly staying?

who knows, but one thing is for certain he's enjoying his rugby here. And surely if it's possible we will offer him a very good contract to tempt him to stay. I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he won't be here next year.

We have to thank fifita for helping persuade sammut.

Poor fella just can't get a brake but you can't think he is gutted himself his time hasn't worked

The blokes came from the other side of the world with his wife and two very young kids. All the hassle and stress involved with that means it isn't something you do lightly. And I know for a fact that he's devastated how it's gone so far. Hopefully he'll get some luck sooner rather than later.

The blokes came from the other side of the world with his wife and two very young kids. All the hassle and stress involved with that means it isn't something you do lightly. And I know for a fact that he's devastated how it's gone so far. Hopefully he'll get some luck sooner rather than later.

LF was showing signs of lmprovement after taking time to settle but unfortunately the injuries have ruined his season. I am not sure he should be written off as a bad signing as we haven't really seen what he could do. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him starting next season fully fit and raring to go but cost may come into it and possibly this season has been a learning curve with recruitment

They're not getting into the top four now , so don't have that much to play for . We have everything still to fight for in terms of our goals .

Still a tough one, you don't beat Leigh without being very capable.

Archived