TOWN v Fev

Terry Mac

Hopefully we'll have the mercurial Mr Sammut available for the match. If so I believe we've a great chance of a home win. The club deserve praise in their attempt to crack the magical 4 figure attendance, if everyone has a go at pursuading someone new to come along we should do it as Fev will bring a few too.

Offers on for the game....

To build on the momentum of the vastly improved gate at last Sunday's game at home to Batley, the club have two great value offers available for the next two home games.

The 'kids for a quid' initiative will remain in place whereby any child under the age of 16 will be allowed entry for £1 with a paying adult. In addition to that, children will be given a loyalty voucher on the day of the Featherstone game. All children who hand in the completed voucher at the turnstiles at the Doncaster game will be entered into a draw to win a Junior Rover ticket for next season. The lucky two winners will be announced at the Whitehaven game on the 13th September. Existing Junior Rover ticket holders will also receive the voucher.

As another reward for loyalty we are offering a duo ticket for adults and concessions which gives entry to both the Featherstone and Doncaster games. The tickets will be priced at £25 for adults and £15 for concessions, and are available from the offices at the Zebra Claims Stadium with immediate effect.

We weren't far off the 1,000 mark for the Batley game so please encourage your family and friends to take advantage of this offer!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at our last 2 attendances in the bottom 8s I wouldn't be expecting many fev fans to travel to your place from us if I'm being honest.

no one wants to see there team lose gaz.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

no one wants to see there team lose gaz.

Lol yes very true. But it isn't exactly like we're losing games in the bottom 8s it's just there isn't any interest in it really from our point of view as before the 8s started we were guaranteed a semi final spot anyway so the games are pretty pointless from our point of view. If we only got just over 1000 for the haven game at home and it was free entry for season ticket holders that says there isn't much if any interest from our side.Its all about next season for us now.

With the form Fev are showing at present it is an ideal time for you to reverse the 52 nil defeat earlier in season.It will go a long way in getting you fourth place.

I agree Phil and to be honest if we win this one I will be surprised. This isn't the fev were used to its a shadow of the fev sides over recent seasons. Don't know why that is but this current fev side is very poor compared to recent previous seasons.

I agree Phil and to be honest if we win this one I will be surprised. This isn't the fev were used to its a shadow of the fev sides over recent seasons. Don't know why that is but this current fev side is very poor compared to recent previous seasons.

It's going to be harder and harder for Fev to be anything other than they are now I'm afraid Gaz.

It's going to be harder and harder for Fev to be anything other than they are now I'm afraid Gaz.

I don't think that will be the case terry. I'm expecting a comfortable top 4 finish next season and anything less I think will be a failure like this season. I honestly do think we will be a lot better under sharp next season especially once he assembles his own set of players and not these ones that hay brought in.Hay brought in a lot of rubbish and now sharp is having to build a new team again for next season which won't be easy but I have every confidence it will be better than this seasons squad.I agree it's probably my heart ruling my head but I just can't see us being any worse than this season surely lol. Well at least I hope not because we are rubbish lol.

I don't think that will be the case terry. I'm expecting a comfortable top 4 finish next season and anything less I think will be a failure like this season. I honestly do think we will be a lot better under sharp next season especially once he assembles his own set of players and not these ones that hay brought in.Hay brought in a lot of rubbish and now sharp is having to build a new team again for next season which won't be easy but I have every confidence it will be better than this seasons squad.

i think he meant because of the 4 teams who seem to have a lot bigger budget than fev mate. London,Bulls,Leigh and Sheffield seem to be able to throw money at who they want, I have no idea on fevs financial state but I'm guessing it's a long way off them 4 sides. which is a huge shame and an indication on how this ridiculous league works.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Hopefully we'll have the mercurial Mr Sammut available for the match. If so I believe we've a great chance of a home win. The club deserve praise in their attempt to crack the magical 4 figure attendance, if everyone has a go at pursuading someone new to come along we should do it as Fev will bring a few too.

Offers on for the game....

To build on the momentum of the vastly improved gate at last Sunday's game at home to Batley, the club have two great value offers available for the next two home games.

The 'kids for a quid' initiative will remain in place whereby any child under the age of 16 will be allowed entry for £1 with a paying adult. In addition to that, children will be given a loyalty voucher on the day of the Featherstone game. All children who hand in the completed voucher at the turnstiles at the Doncaster game will be entered into a draw to win a Junior Rover ticket for next season. The lucky two winners will be announced at the Whitehaven game on the 13th September. Existing Junior Rover ticket holders will also receive the voucher.

As another reward for loyalty we are offering a duo ticket for adults and concessions which gives entry to both the Featherstone and Doncaster games. The tickets will be priced at £25 for adults and £15 for concessions, and are available from the offices at the Zebra Claims Stadium with immediate effect.

We weren't far off the 1,000 mark for the Batley game so please encourage your family and friends to take advantage of this offer!!

Let's hope they get a few down. I've talked a couple of my mates into going let's hope they win!!

i think he meant because of the 4 teams who seem to have a lot bigger budget than fev mate. London,Bulls,Leigh and Sheffield seem to be able to throw money at who they want, I have no idea on fevs financial state but I'm guessing it's a long way off them 4 sides. which is a huge shame and an indication on how this ridiculous league works.

Yeah I get you but money doesn't mean a thing look at us this season. Don't get me wrong it helps but I think a good coach goes a long way too. It will be interesting anyway especially to see which way we London fax and Eagles go. I'm expecting 2 of those 4 to be in the top 4 next season which 2 who knows lol.But there is no way we can be this bad next season surely lol if we are that would mean terry is right and we've gone lol.

Wonky you've obviously not seen what Fev,London & Sheffield are throwing at players especially Fev who are staying part-time. £30k+ according to our chairman. As our chairman puts it they will be clubs going bust because they are spending what they ain't got!!

My mate who follows Featherstone was saying the club have big financial problems, whether that' right or not I don't know, but as a rule there's no smoke without fire, so maybe some element of truth in it !

At the end of the day, Town are currently living within their means, but the jury's out on whether they can continue to do this if they have to sign another 10 players for next season on current gates.

30+ players will take some financing, and if the club decide to run an A-team at any point in the future then you would be looking at 50+ players to field two competitive sides on a weekly basis.

Now maybe the time to consider putting the amateurs back onto a winter season, and the Championship clubs running a shortened A-team season between May and end of August, at least that way they could tap into the local amateur game for trialists etc. without disrupting the local amateur game which is in a perilous state at present nationally

My mate who follows Featherstone was saying the club have big financial problems, whether that' right or not I don't know, but as a rule there's no smoke without fire, so maybe some element of truth in it !

At the end of the day, Town are currently living within their means, but the jury's out on whether they can continue to do this if they have to sign another 10 players for next season on current gates.

30+ players will take some financing, and if the club decide to run an A-team at any point in the future then you would be looking at 50+ players to field two competitive sides on a weekly basis.there's alot of truth in what you say about Fev,according to their forum they have signed Thackeray & wildie for next season as our chairman says both under contract, Thackeray as another 2 yr to run on his but he's finding it difficult to hold off fellow championship clubs who are offering contracts 30k a year,boom & bust!!

Now maybe the time to consider putting the amateurs back onto a winter season, and the Championship clubs running a shortened A-team season between May and end of August, at least that way they could tap into the local amateur game for trialists etc. without disrupting the local amateur game which is in a perilous state at present nationally

Graham I think you know us Town fans well enough to know that when we want you to ####### off we'll tell you to ###### off.  lol

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

The Workington forum is by far the most interesting one in the championship and its a real pleasure to post on it and read the most intellectual discussions especially when your own team are the next visitors. I know the reason why its used more than any other but Workington will be getting 'facebook' in a few years no doubt. OK I'll get my coat.

The Workington forum is by far the most interesting one in the championship and its a real pleasure to post on it and read the most intellectual discussions especially when your own team are the next visitors. I know the reason why its used more than any other but Workington will be getting 'facebook' in a few years no doubt. OK I'll get my coat.

Archived