Whitehaven reaction

town4me

whether we stay up or not a lot needs to change at the club .a few years ago oggie and charlo to their great credit stood aside as they thought they had took the team as far as they could . if there really are people in the wings that would be interested in taking over the running of the club , i think the present board who have done a good job in impossible circumstances should likewise stand aside for the good of the club ...we stlll have a very slim chance of staying up but without matty and callum its a mountain to climb ..... if we beat swinton and haven beat halifax next week , haven will be right back in it with swinton to play at home and trips to oldham and dewsbury to come , whereas we have bradford at home , and halifax and sheffield away ....unfortunately who knows which halifax and sheffield teams will turn up ! .

haven will get nothing at rams and oldham. As for us if we had a full squad to pick from we would have stopped up but the injuries are making it nigh on impossible.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

liam mcavoy looks like that after 2 minutes every game, is constantly last back into the line and generally looks shattered.

Didn't stop him being man of the match against the Rams!  The Aussies have an expression which describes the Pom's facility for self-deprecation---- it's called "Crying stinking fish in your own back yard" If our club has a future it will be built on the honest endeavour of guys like Liam who may not have guile or sleight of hand but who sweat blood for the cause. 

its ok us all talking of keeping players but it will be up to the players themselves if town go down , if haven miraculously stay up then they will try to purge and build their own squad to limit loans and DR they have  if Barrow go up ( big if but they are playing well ) then they also will have a pop at getting a few , Crarey is a big fan of tee , he said on the radio that if the lad ist a big star of the future then he doesnt know one also haven will be interested in him and other s such as Callum and Brett etc 

its ok us all talking of keeping players but it will be up to the players themselves if town go down , if haven miraculously stay up then they will try to purge and build their own squad to limit loans and DR they have if Barrow go up ( big if but they are playing well ) then they also will have a pop at getting a few , Crarey is a big fan of tee , he said on the radio that if the lad ist a big star of the future then he doesnt know one also haven will be interested in him and other s such as Callum and Brett etc

haven are in a precarious position as us and i doubt barrow will come up.

its ok us all talking of keeping players but it will be up to the players themselves if town go down , if haven miraculously stay up then they will try to purge and build their own squad to limit loans and DR they have  if Barrow go up ( big if but they are playing well ) then they also will have a pop at getting a few , Crarey is a big fan of tee , he said on the radio that if the lad ist a big star of the future then he doesnt know one also haven will be interested in him and other s such as Callum and Brett etc 

Then like I have said earlier, the players have to weigh up more contract money and possibly losing pay or less contract money and possible more winning pay if its the £££££ they are chasing ????

(I hope that all makes sense)

I know that but I was thinking of the outside possible scenario's , Haven could stay up if Sheffield fold and Borrow have a slim chance but we all know it's a funny game at times , look at swintons result yesterday

I Think Barrow will be promoted I base that on at the moment they are at worst the second best team in the division. They have hit form at the time of the season when it matters.

League 1 isn't the league if death but it's not where you want to be. Whoever gets demoted will be fighting for promotion against Toronto ( who will probably do a Toulouse).

That will mean there will be one place available again with clubs like the two demoted clubs, and one from Barrow, Doncaster, Keighley, Rochdale, Hunslet, York, Newcastle and York all going for it.

Being realistic that's a pretty tall order for a club that has suffered the trauma of relegation and the loss of players that may result.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I Think Barrow will be promoted I base that on at the moment they are at worst the second best team in the division. They have hit form at the time of the season when it matters.

League 1 isn't the league if death but it's not where you want to be. Whoever gets demoted will be fighting for promotion against Toronto ( who will probably do a Toulouse).

That will mean there will be one place available again with clubs like the two demoted clubs, and one from Barrow, Doncaster, Keighley, Rochdale, Hunslet, York, Newcastle and York all going for it.

Being realistic that's a pretty tall order for a club that has suffered the trauma of relegation and the loss of players that may result.

good post , Barrow are currently the form team and are laying in second place with a very good points difference over Rochdale so its likely they could very well be promoted . Carter will surely make the switch to his home town club and remain in the championship but even if Town go down and Barrow stay in league 1 Carter is likely to join them as it will stop the travelling ? and Ritson could possibly be a target for the other wing of fullback if they are promoted ? either way I think Town could lose Brett .

good post , Barrow are currently the form team and are laying in second place with a very good points difference over Rochdale so its likely they could very well be promoted . Carter will surely make the switch to his home town club and remain in the championship but even if Town go down and Barrow stay in league 1 Carter is likely to join them as it will stop the travelling ? and Ritson could possibly be a target for the other wing of fullback if they are promoted ? either way I think Town could lose Brett .

i would doubt that town would be trying to keep brett in all honesty.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Your theory regarding Brett Carter may hold water but -- Tee is far too good to languish at Barrow whichever division they find themselves in.  I think he could make it at the highest level with a club capable of nurturing and developing his undoubted talents. I appreciate seeing him in the Town shirt but he would thrive at a club like Saints. 

liam mcavoy looks like that after 2 minutes every game, is constantly last back into the line and generally looks shattered.

your seriously questioning liams commitment and work rate, do a tackle and carry count, liams work rate is at least 3 times better than the sidewinder.

your seriously questioning liams commitment and work rate, do a tackle and carry count, liams work rate is at least 3 times better than the sidewinder.

where have i said any of that? All i was saying the bloke always looks shattered, which anyone with a pair of eyes can see. Body language isnt everything was my point.

where have i said any of that? All i was saying the bloke always looks shattered, which anyone with a pair of eyes can see. Body language isnt everything was my point.

If Liam constantly looks exhausted then that is probably because he is as anyone with his work rate is entitled to be. I would have him all day long against Verlinden who's short spell on Sunday tells you everything you need to know. He's built like a brick sh#t house but he dosn't run his weight and he can't tackle to save himself.

Lost Matty Gee for the rest of the season . Good luck to the lad at London next year been a real asset to your squad this year 

Thought it looked like a rib or rib cartilage injury .  Matty has been a revelation for us -pretty much filling the hole left by Stack and from his enthusiasm and commitment you could be forgiven for thinking he was a born and bred Cumbrian---I can pay him no bigger compliment than that . Good luck Matty I am sure your attitude will ensure you will succeed wherever you go. 

If Liam constantly looks exhausted then that is probably because he is as anyone with his work rate is entitled to be. I would have him all day long against Verlinden who's short spell on Sunday tells you everything you need to know. He's built like a brick sh#t house but he dosn't run his weight and he can't tackle to save himself.

good luck to matty. Heard today that weve lost at least 3 of our current squad next season. None to haven though.

Well gee to London .. Coward retires .. Matti son retires ...

Don't need Mystic Meg to come up with that ,but I could suggest at least another 5 who will be off when we hit the buffers (no pun intended). It's a short career in this game and I have always been on the side of the lads who pull the shirt on for little reward. As for Kris and Graeme if they bow out they go with my thanks and admiration for a long and distinguished stint in the Town cause. Regardless of the inevitable exodus of players on the back of relegation what this Club needs above all is a complete change of personnel in the engine room. 

No sweat - it's always gut wrenching to lose to the shape-shifters down the road. Bit like you and the Bulldogs , but at least they don't keep re-inventing themselves every 5 minutes. 

Don't worry about Graham, Sandy.

He's used to Batley stuffing the Rams on a regular basis.

:)

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Listened to the game on hols and new the game was up the minute Callum went off, the only consolation was that we didn't get hammered because it was looking likely at 28-8, I  honestly thought we were gonna nick it again at the end but 2 miracles in 4 weeks was a lot to ask for. Both sides are suffering with injuries but the key players we had out was incredible, the Philips brothers, Stack, Matty and Brett Carter are the cream of our squad, any team losing players of that quality would struggle,also haven were able to bring in 4 or 5 dual reg and loan players which made a huge difference to them. Let's all just be grateful we nicked that game a few weeks ago or we would have been looking at a 5.0 whitewash......unthinkable.

I've listened to the commentary of our last 2 games and all I can say is bring back Coxy !! that muppet Gibson nearly wets himself when the opposition scores and barely raises his voice when we do.

Archived