Barrow v Eagles

tim2

Eagles win 21-14

Brendon Lindsay has 2 MoM performances in a row. Certainly going out on top of his game.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Eagles win 21-14

Brendon Lindsay has 2 MoM performances in a row. Certainly going out on top of his game.

Good story. I can see plenty of 'Linday aiming to go out on a high' type press releases next week :D Before the Fax game I mean.

Terrible commentary from Radio Dumbria - didn't know ANY of the Eagles players names bar Henderson. It sounded like one team was playing for 80 minutes!

Still, cracking win - well done to Tubby and all the lads.

Can we beat Fax though? They seem to be our bogey team!

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Hard to pick a winner but whomever wins will lose v Featherston. Head and shoulders ;) above the rest of the teams in the Championship.

Like they were on August 1st at PO Road?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Terrible commentary from Radio Dumbria - didn't know ANY of the Eagles players names bar Henderson. It sounded like one team was playing for 80 minutes!

Can we beat Fax though? They seem to be our bogey team!

Never had the pleasure of listening to a radio Cumbria commentary but from what I've heard, they make DDD sound like an impartial observer.

Halifax are busted, you'll do them.

Widnes going out was your key, find it hard to believe that Fax have turned you over more than we have.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Never had the pleasure of listening to a radio Cumbria commentary but from what I've heard, they make DDD sound like an impartial observer.

Widnes going out was your key, find it hard to believe that Fax have turned you over more than we have.

We had a poor record against Leigh and we had lost twice to Barrow in the league, so who knows. All conjecture now, all that matters is the Shay on Thursday. I bet Fev would prefer Halifax.

Widnes will beat Barrow

Fev will beat Fax

Sheffield will go to Widnes and win

Fax will then beat Sheffield

Fev will beat Fax

Fev win grand final

Lets see if thats anywhere near

Just got the Widnes one wrong but im still in there :D

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Widnes going out was a given - very very average side. It shouldnt be hard to believe that Fax have turned Sheffield over more than Widnes, Widnes hardley turned anyone over did they?

Edited by a.n Other

To be fair the RC Commenters (Joss Kenley & Co )on the Barrow games are usually very good, knowledgeable and not very biased,but tonight they did not seem to recognise the sheff players, its was sheff this & sheff player that, its the Haven commentor a certain Mr Cox who is cringeworthy 1000% biased on their games, he is a joke, Cox by name etc.

If Sheffield win, that would mean the maximum number of teams would be able to apply for a SL license. 4/4 different Grand Finalists and 2/2 different NRC winners.

But they cant.

At present, only Widnes and theoretically Halifax will be allowed to apply. The RFL's application criteria prevent any others applying and I am only assuming Fax might be allowed because I dont know their turnover figures. It may well just be Widnes that are even eligible to put a bid in, as they are the only team to be acknowledged as meeting the RFL rules on SL applications.

Edited by Vengeance

Widnes going out was a given - very very average side. It shouldnt be hard to believe that Fax have turned Sheffield over more than Widnes, Widnes hardley turned anyone over did they?

You've actually got that a bit wrong ANO in the past 3 years Sheffield have beaten Fax 3 times in the league & once in the NRC and have yet to win against Widnes. In fact the last time Sheffield beat us was 11 March 2001. You could say we are their bogey team.

Check out the Sheffield record against Widnes.

It ain't that great.

No matter how ###### we've been we still seem to beat them.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

I'd expect Sheffield to go to Halifax and win on Thursday. Despite their injuries, Halifax still have a galaxy of Championship talent at their disposal, but they are diabolically coached and their tactics are non-existant. Despite the fact I can't stand him, Mark Aston is a very shrewd and clever coach and will exploit Fax's many deficiencies.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

But they cant.

At present, only Widnes and theoretically Halifax will be allowed to apply. The RFL's application criteria prevent any others applying and I am only assuming Fax might be allowed because I dont know their turnover figures. It may well just be Widnes that are even eligible to put a bid in, as they are the only team to be acknowledged as meeting the RFL rules on SL applications.

Why? The application criteria is either winning the NRC or appearing in the Championship Final.

Why? The application criteria is either winning the NRC or appearing in the Championship Final.

That and the additional criteria the RFL announced a couple of weeks ago.

I'd expect Sheffield to go to Halifax and win on Thursday. Despite their injuries, Halifax still have a galaxy of Championship talent at their disposal, but they are diabolically coached and their tactics are non-existant. Despite the fact I can't stand him, Mark Aston is a very shrewd and clever coach and will exploit Fax's many deficiencies.

What is there to not like about Mark Aston?

He is a man that is one of the great unsung heroes of our game. He has almost single handedly created and sustained one of the most vibrant teams in RL.

I wish there were more like him.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

What is there to not like about Mark Aston?

He is a man that is one of the great unsung heroes of our game. He has almost single handedly created and sustained one of the most vibrant teams in RL.

I wish there were more like him.

and whenever he is interviewed after a game he seems giddy like a school kid.. he loves the sport and loves being a part of it..