Been shot and stabbed in her office outside library where she was holding a surgery.  Breaking news.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Gunman still at large.

MP airlifted to Leeds.  Armed police at Leeds Hospital.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Police have arrested a man , seems she got caught in the middle of a argument between others. Another man was shot in the same incident.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

52 year old man arrested.

Disturbing details/speculation on the Mirror website, I won't repeat as its very early.

In a critical condition.

Some of the stories spinning round are very worrying if true.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Quite shaken up by this.

Just after midday we left Birkenshaw headed for Birstall Market but it started to rain, so we diverted to the Aldi in Batley. Driving back along Bradford Road we were overtaken by police cars and vans, police vehicles all over the place near the A62 traffic lights, two helicopters above....

At home I learned the terrible news. All afternoon I've been thinking, what if?

Obviously this is not about me, it's a dreadful tragedy for Jo and her family, a dedicated public servant just doing her job. I'm beginning to fear for the future of our democracy when something like this can happen.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Avoid social media for a few days. Loonies with no sense of perspective or respect on both sides milking this - it's revolting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

ClFmrifXIAAvi6E.jpg

I doubt I could ever be so dignified and thoughtful.

She was doing what all MP's do, talking to her constituents,  making herself available.  What is wrong with our country?  Do we want them only to meet with us when armed guards are present?  Stunned.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

How the hell do people get hold of guns? We are becoming as bad as the states!

Watching on the news there was a restaurant owner guy who described a shotgun type weapon.  Plenty of those around.  That's only speculation though that it was one of those.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Watching on the news there was a restaurant owner guy who described a shotgun type weapon.  Plenty of those around.  That's only speculation though that it was one of those.

Other witnesses have used the phrase "home-made" to describe the firearm. But let's wait 'til the police report comes out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Avoid social media for a few days. Loonies with no sense of perspective or respect on both sides milking this - it's revolting.

Including the Guardian, shame on them: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/16/the-guardian-view-on-jo-cox-an-attack-on-humanity-idealism-and-democracy

I hadn't heard of this MP before but learning of her death and the brutality of it was shocking. My sympathies to her family and friends.  RIP.

Archived