Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors

ckn

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Wigan
    • Draw

To quote a Wigan legend "You Beauty!!!"

The hubcap may not mean much to most, but its our first silverware since 2002 so I'll take it. Well done lads on a surprising league season - only one away defeat and we can put that right against Bradford in two weeks whilst making sure we have beaten every SL club.

Now lets make a good account of ourselves in the playoffs.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

To quote a Wigan legend "You Beauty!!!"

The hubcap may not mean much to most, but its our first silverware since 2002 so I'll take it. Well done lads on a surprising league season - only one away defeat and we can put that right against Bradford in two weeks whilst making sure we have beaten every SL club.

Now lets make a good account of ourselves in the playoffs.

Well done Wigan, I know it's fashionable and sheep like to buy into the grand final like it's something different from what was the premiership. But for me anyway the league is still king. It tests a club like no other competition making you use all your squad, testing you against all sides and all styles of play.

I was still hoping that a miracle would occur and Hull Kr would take it to the last game of the year.

Well done to the league champions. (if not the GF champions).

It's all about da bass

as you might expect. Charnley scores for Wigan. 18-38. Game over. Hubcap to the pies.

That's some collapse in the last quarter. What happened did the penalties dry up?

Well done to Wigan on finishing top. Well deserved over the course of the season.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

That's some collapse in the last quarter. What happened did the penalties dry up?

Well done to Wigan on finishing top. Well deserved over the course of the season.

Funny you should say that, Rovers got the first four pens at least in the 2nd half and scored two tries without Wigan touching the ball. Wasn't today's ref the one Morgan moaned so bitterly about the other season?

Anyway, away from that, Many congrats indeed to the Pies. People won't need reminding that I've said numerous times they've been the best team this year by a fair bit. They'll take some beating in the play offs from pole position.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Funny you should say that, Rovers got the first four pens at least in the 2nd half and scored two tries without Wigan touching the ball. Wasn't today's ref the one Morgan moaned so bitterly about the other season?

Anyway, away from that, Many congrats indeed to the Pies. People won't need reminding that I've said numerous times they've been the best team this year by a fair bit. They'll take some beating in the play offs from pole position.

The current playoff system doesn't reward first place to the same extent as pre 2009 - two wins now required rather than one to make Old Trafford and the only advantage being the dubious honour of the clubcall if the first game is won.

The playoffs are a lottery that reflect the form team and most injury free squad in the Autumn that rise to the big occasion rather than the best team over the course of the season. The biggest success of the RFL in modern times has been selling the GF as the big event of the season, particularly given that it is little different from the old pre SL 'Premiership' season ending trophy that nobody really cared about.

oderint dum metuant

You're going to have to narrow it down more than that.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The current playoff system doesn't reward first place to the same extent as pre 2009 - two wins now required rather than one to make Old Trafford and the only advantage being the dubious honour of the clubcall if the first game is won.

The playoffs are a lottery that reflect the form team and most injury free squad in the Autumn that rise to the big occasion rather than the best team over the course of the season. The biggest success of the RFL in modern times has been selling the GF as the big event of the season, particularly given that it is little different from the old pre SL 'Premiership' season ending trophy that nobody really cared about.

Good point G, I'd forgotten about that. My point about your lot being difficult to beat in the play offs still stands though.

You're going to have to narrow it down more than that.

:lol: Well, he had the letters "B,E,N and T" in successive order in his name.

Either Ben Thaler or Phil Bentham....but I think it was Thaler.

Good point G, I'd forgotten about that. My point about your lot being difficult to beat in the play offs still stands though.

I still think its a year too early for us in terms of the playoffs and our home form is a concern. Under the old system we'd have been fine, as we haven't lost back to back games all season - however there is now only a safety net after the first games. Theoretically we could see off 4th place in the first round at home, choose them again in the eliminator and get turned over.

oderint dum metuant

No complaints about the result...Wigan too fast, too strong and, ultimately, too good!

Brave effort from Rovers though - we have certainly played worse and won this season.

Hats off to Sam Tomkins who was the difference between the two sides. He was simply unplayable at times and produced what I would describe as the best individual performance seen at Craven Park this year!

If there has been a better English talent over the past decade, I have never seen him!