24-25 Sept: League 1 Super 8s Semi-Finals Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s Semi-Finals here.

SATURDAY 24th SEPTEMBER    

Toulouse Olympique v York City Knights KO 5pm (local)

SUNDAY 25th SEPTEMBER

Barrow Raiders v Doncaster KO 3.30pm

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry correction, only one Toulouse suspension.

The York situation is so hard on James Ford (and players) who has showed real class all the way through this debacle. Maybe the club being put up for sale recently was the final straw for the RFL ?

So what happens if York win on saturday ? Will Toulouse take the final place by default  or will the Barrow v Donny winners win the promotion place ?  I'm confused ..

The York situation is so hard on James Ford (and players) who has showed real class all the way through this debacle. Maybe the club being put up for sale recently was the final straw for the RFL ?

So what happens if York win on saturday ? Will Toulouse take the final place by default  or will the Barrow v Donny winners win the promotion place ?  I'm confused ..

You are right to raise that question, oiseau.  And there are others too.  The RFL official statement is disappointingly brief.  For instance, given that the purposes of the Division 1 play-offs can be said to be, specifically, to determine who is promoted to the championship, why is a team that is not eligible for promotion allowed to compete in them?  Shouldn't Keighley be filling the final berth?  That is a horrible question to ask from a York point of view, and I don't like myself for raising it, but, sadly, it is wholly valid in the current context.

Trying to be optimistic, I deduce that the message in the brief RFL statement is probably that if the current York owner stays, then promotion is not possible, but if he goes (and hence the short-term use of Bootham Crescent becomes more likely to be possible) then 'all manner of thing shall be well' (as Julian of Norwich wrote many centuries ago...clearly not alluding to York rugby league circumstances!)

Dear old Julian, probably the first female RL fan ever. Didn't realise they played the greatest game in God's own county in the XIIIIc !

Whats the point of York travelling to France, assuming they can get a squad together ? Yep, the next placed league team should have taken their place weeks ago.

York have 7 days to appeal the decision, they need to find a ground to play next season and i have seen somewhere that Fev have offered the use of the goodfella's, so that could be their lifeline. i hope so anyway.

So what happens if York win on saturday ? Will Toulouse take the final place by default or will the Barrow v Donny winners win the promotion place ? I'm confused ..

If York win it would probably be like the criteria for WCC

IE The RFL choose!!

Best laid plans and all that

York still have a week to appeal so you can't really put Keighley in their place

If York win beat Toulouse they should play in the final. If their appeal is unsuccessful, then the team they meet in the final should get promoted

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

RFL turned down James Ford's request to play himself but let Peacock play for HKR. They dont help themselves do they.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

RFL turned down James Ford's request to play himself but let Peacock play for HKR. They dont help themselves do they.

Presumably because Peacock was registered before the transfer deadline and Ford wasn't. Not sure how you think the RFL are doing anything wrong by not ignoring their own rules.

62-10 FT

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I hope rfl satisfied, to me, as a long time popular side fan, this is not rugby league, and we have to go through it all again next year, how can league 1 sides plan for the future, when they keep being dropped in it, rant over.

Yeah, totally the RFL's fault, well done.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I hope rfl satisfied, to me, as a long time popular side fan, this is not rugby league, and we have to go through it all again next year, how can league 1 sides plan for the future, when they keep being dropped in it, rant over.

Yet folk would moan if Toulouse and Toronto were dropped straight in SL or the Championship.

Also, the League 1 club chairmen voted for this...

Archived