Swinton secure Emmitt coup

<p>Swinton Lions have confirmed the signing of Jake Emmitt. The former Leigh prop recently left the Centurions to pursue a career in Australia, but he will now fly back to</p>

<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.totalrl.com/swinton-secure-emmitt-coup/">Swintonsecure Emmitt coup</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.totalrl.com">Rugby League News, Forum & Features</a>.</p>

View the full article on TotalRL.com

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

I thought the transfer deadline was Friday gone?

http://www.totalrl.com/clubs-frantically-trying-recruit-transfer-deadline-looms/

EDIT

END OF SEASON DEADLINES C1:2:5 The following provisions apply to all Competitions and Players. (a) Subject to paragraph (B) below, if any signing takes place or is authorised by the Board: (i) in the case of Super League and the Championship, after close of business on the Friday prior to the last round in the Regular Season (i.e. Round 23); or (ii) in the case of League 1, after close of business on the Friday prior to Round 1 of the League 1 Super 8s and League 1 Shield (being, in all cases in the 2016 Season, 22 July 2016) (the “End of Season Signing Deadline”), then the Club shall not be entitled to play that Player in any Matches remaining in that Season.

They must be changing the rules as the player signed is an ex-Leigh player! That'll be the reason.Of course.

Former Leigh player as coach....and all the other ex-Leigh connections.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Sorry Angelic Cynic, although todays date is on the TRL article it doesn't state when it was confirmed.

So unless there is any evidence to prove anything else we must assume he was registered by the due date and time.

Cheers Roger.

Sorry Angelic Cynic, although todays date is on the TRL article it doesn't state when it was confirmed.

So unless there is any evidence to prove anything else we must assume he was registered by the due date and time.

Cheers Roger.

I thought you may be celebrating the opportunity for Batley and their success hitherto.

If the signing had been within the deadline then I would have expected the club to announce it before now - perhaps at the game,yesterday.

Or there would have been a report in this mornings rugby league press.

As neither happened,then this website showing it this morning,would suggest the deal was not completed within the deadline.

( I do feel a little deflated that I failed to garner a response from Leigh followers,but they may be just a tad disenchanted with the recent movements of the player involved.) 

Allow Angelic,

I along with a lot more Batley folks celebrated long and hard yesterday both in Batley before the match during and after the match, it's a nice feeling as you well know.

As regards any announcements at the match you couldn't hear the tannoy mainly for the crowd.

As I have already said until contrary evidence says so I will believe that they did it in time.

Shame the RFL don't publish last day signings then every body would know.

Lets all enjoy what's left of the season

Cheers Roger.

Allow Angelic,

I along with a lot more Batley folks celebrated long and hard yesterday both in Batley before the match during and after the match, it's a nice feeling as you well know.

As regards any announcements at the match you couldn't hear the tannoy mainly for the crowd.

As I have already said until contrary evidence says so I will believe that they did it in time.

Shame the RFL don't publish last day signings then every body would know.

Lets all enjoy what's left of the season

Cheers Roger.

I don't think what I type out on here will deter anyone from enjoying the rest of the season.

But,if it's not dual reg.irregularities by certain clubs,ahem,then it is something else.

Why have the rules in place?

There is nothing on the club Twitter account to hint at a signing prior to the deadline.

Yet the RFL pursued a club,long after the offence occurred,for a salary cap breach by a club that managed the wooden spoon in 2013.

Anyway,as a long-haired,peace loving anarchist,drop-out beatnik;who cares?

But,come the revolution...

Archived