Sky: red button.

Sky have relegated the oldham v swinton match, on Sunday at 3pm, to the red button in favour of a meaningless 15 a side game. Now I'm sure they keep track of viewing figures, so if there are any of you out there not at the game and have sky, please tune in to the red button. Let's get more watching, what I am sure will be a cracking game than will be watching the other sport.

Sky are showing 9 live RL games this weekend, following the 6 from last week.

Still have plenty of credit with me.

But no magazine programme, Dave something they do for all their other sports with decent viewing figures! And no I'm not missing Boots but we should have something and could do with something with a bit of "new" about it. The number of games is the only reason they haven't been dropped altogether. It's the one thing versus the other. I look at their coverage of other sports and think time to get rid, I think cost of going to see even the normal 3 games on a weekend as opposed to what I pay Sky and it's a stayer!

And then we get the red button nonsense which you can't get on Sky Go, I think, and I'm back to square one!

I will bet one thing about Sky though, and that is their top executives would easily see the potential of an SL with Toronto Wolfpack and Tampa Mayhem on board!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

But no magazine programme, Dave something they do for all their other sports with decent viewing figures! 

Which sports have magazine programmes on Sky?

I can only now think of the Saturday/Sunday morning soccer filler, and The Verdict for cricket.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Which sports have magazine programmes on Sky?

I can only now think of the Saturday/Sunday morning soccer filler, and The Verdict for cricket.

You're quite right Gingerjon I had a quick look through and all the ones that used to be there seemed to have gone. I think Sky have decided because people weren't watching they weren't interested rather than the programmes themselves tended to put people off by being done badly. I do think the news section on the match programme is a good move though!

"Boots" was an embarssment in it's last year I mean set in a cafe That was an insult.

Super League Backchat is now flourishing on Premier Sports and along with all the NRL chat shows and games is a "gift" at £9.99 a month I just wish they could cover the Championship games live .But who knows one day ?

"Boots" was an embarssment in it's last year I mean set in a cafe That was an insult.

Super League Backchat is now flourishing on Premier Sports and along with all the NRL chat shows and games is a "gift" at £9.99 a month I just wish they could cover the Championship games live .But who knows one day ?

Yes alan it was a lesson in how to put people off an idea, or how much disdain can any sport put up with? I'm not altogether convinced by Backchat because of Schoey, though the others are too negative at times. They have had a couple of reasonable shows overall but like the one on aunty's radio  Manchester definitely a show the Mr Angries and Mrs Crosses of our sport! But Premier is a dream as you say!

You're quite right Gingerjon I had a quick look through and all the ones that used to be there seemed to have gone. I think Sky have decided because people weren't watching they weren't interested rather than the programmes themselves tended to put people off by being done badly. I do think the news section on the match programme is a good move though!

i agree with you about the news roundup. Last night we had the news roundup and a feauture on Summer Bash. What with the little bits of big hits and top tries in social media, i think people just watch things differently nowadays.

i agree with you about the news roundup. Last night we had the news roundup and a feauture on Summer Bash. What with the little bits of big hits and top tries in social media, i think people just watch things differently nowadays.

And Sky being, whatever else, business astute will have done their research on stuff like this.

From watching here in Australia via Fox Sports, it certainly doesn't look like Sky is neglecting Rugby League.

There is a rathet comprehensive pre and post game coverage including scores and news from other games taking place at the same time.

The broadcast team has grown from from what felt like only Eddie & Stevo from start to finish to what 6 or 7 now?

Outside of their tired intro, average on-screen graphics and inability to do a decent hype piece, they aren't anywhere near as bad as some claim.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

The broadcast team has grown from from what felt like only Eddie & Stevo from start to finish to what 6 or 7 now?

That's not a good thing! What other sport has five commentators during a game? It's makes it unwatchable at times.

It is outrageous that a commercial TV organisation would not put the coverage of a RL match, which is of interest to thousands of people in the world and hundreds who turn up to games,on one of its more prominent channels, instead of another football code international game.  :sleep:

Surely the match involving the high profile Lancastrians from declining traditional industrial areas would attract hugely higher viewing figures than a load of poncy .....

Sky simply showed 9 RL games in one weekend, at the same time as showing and England cricket test match, RU international, major golf and the monaco grand prix, why oh why would you start complaining?

Archived