Bradford recruits

Macani is very quick but I am not sure he is strong enough.

Against Leigh he was keen to try and help out the forwards to clear their lines but seemed to either get smashed or driven back every time sometimes losing ground. Looked decent against Leeds last weekend though. London have signed Dalton Grant from Dewsbury as a replacement and I would say that is an improvement for them over Macani.

Not sure those signings are any stronger or weaker than a lot of those Bradford already had. Don't think either Macani or Magrin were offered a new contract by London for whatever reason.

Macani is very quick but I am not sure he is strong enough.

Against Leigh he was keen to try and help out the forwards to clear their lines but seemed to either get smashed or driven back every time sometimes losing ground. Looked decent against Leeds last weekend though. London have signed Dalton Grant from Dewsbury as a replacement and I would say that is an improvement for them over Macani.

Not sure those signings are any stronger or weaker than a lot of those Bradford already had. Don't think either Macani or Magrin were offered a new contract by London for whatever reason.

I think the two Londoners were both offered more money at Bradford. Macani tbh is a squad player, very quick but lacking elsewhere. Magrin is a big guy and has a lot of potential but some game awareness development still to do.

God knows what the northern cubs would do for players if London Broncos weren't around to develop them...

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Think Foster had decided to move back North. Maybe some partner pressure but I speculate. Foster has played most of his games for us at Centre or operating in that area. Has been very solid defensively and possibly adds more in attack than you think. Feel we would not have been stronger on that side against Leeds if he'd played. I would have liked to see him retained by Broncos. It would have been nice to keep Macani and Magrin as still plenty of potential to bring out. But a number of u19s stepping up and with a cap you have to make judgements on balancing your squad.

At least most of the Bradford team won't need to introduce themselves to each other.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

They'll have to re-name the Bradford Bulls the Bradford Broncos what with all the former London players in their squad. I count at least 6 former Broncos in their their squad.

Another player going from Odsal to London today - Jay Pitts.  They'll have to re-name the Bradford Bulls London Broncos the Bradford Broncos  London Bulls what with all the former London Bradford players at their club.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Letting the likes of top tackler Pitts go is a head scratcher and the fact Olbison hasn't signed for anyone including us also surprises me. Alas the two players I didn't want to leave at all are Clark and Pitts. Clark (for whoever he picks) will be an International soon I am certain. WIth the players tied to us next season a rumour by our ultra negative local rag reporter is that some signed for next year may be allowed to leave also. If he lets Caro and Welham leave I will eat my arm. 45 tries so far between them so far but for me Welham is a SL player playing in the Championship.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Archived