Sykes comes home!

Tom Coates

AN5_I7662.jpg

“I’ve followed the club closely for a number of years and have been down to watch matches whenever I’ve had chance. And it’ll be a real privilege to be on the pitch representing them in 2016"

Dewsbury-born utility back Paul Sykes is Glenn Morrison’s latest signing for the Rams ahead of the 2016 season. 

#WelcomeHomeSykesy

Tom

Tes, I hope this is another good signing. Maybe he will only give us a year but it could be a valuable one as well as being able to pass on some experience.

It's also good to have another Dewsbury lad at the club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Tes, I hope this is another good signing. Maybe he will only give us a year but it could be a valuable one as well as being able to pass on some experience.

It's also good to have another Dewsbury lad at the club.

Play him at centre and not 6 and he will do a job for you BSJ I'm sure even if it's just his goal kicking as he's pretty decent at that.Good luck to him and I hope he does well but I thought crookes was a good coup for you guys last season but I've noticed not many if any rams fans rated him last season hope Sykes turns out differently for you guys.

I thought crookes was a good coup for you guys last season but I've noticed not many if any rams fans rated him last season hope Sykes turns out differently for you guys.

Not as much as I do!

If Sykes is to play as a centre, it would seem to me that we will be awash with players for those two positions, even excluding Beckett and Scott (he came as a centre Ibthink).[/quoted)

Playing a centre at 6. Naargh. That will never happen. Not at Dewsbury! A hooker maybe!

Maybe GM knows that young Glover will be starting at 6?

Was for us....

Just failed to deliver.... you'll get used to his wayward pass to no-one that ends up in touch.... The kicking game that feeds the opposing full back with a spoon.... and the inability to gaffer a game.

I'm an experienced prop neil.... I'm still sheeite!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Blackmore .... played on the wing. In my opinion he had his best game in a fev shirt that night. He kept running it from actin afe n made loads of yards. Another player I'd never class as my fav and has had an inconsistent season. But has had a couple of stormer too.

Sykes played 6... and scored... also had on ok (ish) game that night.

I'm willing to have £20 bet with anybody that says Paul Sykes does the business for us next season,any takers? By the way Robin the way you feel about Sykes alot of rams fans feel the same about Wildie.

Lol can we have the terms & conditions on

"the business " please graham ;)

If it's scoring 50 try and kicking 200 goals

Might have 20 bar on it lol :)

To be fair to sykes i think there was a lot of pressure on his shoulders at fev and he was playing in a unsettled team with a new half back partner quite often, inbetween been tried in the centres. He looked clueless at times and like he wasnt enjoying his rugby. He hasnt got bad hands and shown some good touchs at times, put him with a good organising 7 and take a bit of pressure off him, he could do a good job, looked better at centre for fev on a few occasions. No doubt he will look like wally lewis both times fev play Dewsbury next season though.

To be fair to sykes i think there was a lot of pressure on his shoulders at fev and he was playing in a unsettled team with a new half back partner quite often, inbetween been tried in the centres. He looked clueless at times and like he wasnt enjoying his rugby. He hasnt got bad hands and shown some good touchs at times, put him with a good organising 7 and take a bit of pressure off him, he could do a good job, looked better at centre for fev on a few occasions. No doubt he will look like wally lewis both times fev play Dewsbury next season though.

At 34, and with SL and international experience he should expect to carry a large chunk of the pressure. Especially if playing in the halves.

I expect him to play at centre for us next year. Solid on defence, chiming in with decent carries, looking after his winger and popping over the goals.

That would do for me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'm willing to have £20 bet with anybody that says Paul Sykes does the business for us next season,any takers? By the way Robin the way you feel about Sykes alot of rams fans feel the same about Wildie.

yup.... I'm aware of that Graham.

But having seen wildie play, he's not burdened with anywhere near the level of expectation Sykesy endured

I expect him to play at centre for us next year. Solid on defence, chiming in with decent carries, looking after his winger and popping over the goals.

That would do for me.

don't set your expectations too high johnny lad.... It softens the blow of disappointment

Archived