Halifax reaction

town4me

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Shouldnt have been played. However, every week its the same points we make. Shocking in attack, poor kicking game, doran is a much use as mens t#ts and whiteley cant tackle.

Im not of the opinion that were a better side than halifax but in a game of them conditions where skill didnt come into it. We were beaten because we were out muscled and their hunger for the battle was better than ours.

Really cannot see ua doing anything like winning till the pitches dry up and we get sammut and stack back.

Agreed. Shouldnt have been played. However, every week its the same points we make. Shocking in attack, poor kicking game, doran is a much use as mens t#ts and whiteley cant tackle.

Im not of the opinion that were a better side than halifax but in a game of them conditions where skill didnt come into it. We were beaten because we were out muscled and their hunger for the battle was better than ours.

Really cannot see ua doing anything like winning till the pitches dry up and we get sammut and stack back.

Where was Callum , Carter , Verlinden ? and whats happened to Perry & Dec 

Verlinden has a bug, carter failed fitness test. Not sure about callum.

Whiteley got took off with concusion (head wrong side tackling), dec looked as though it was his knee/ankle

going to need some bodies back for next week  - perry will be at least a week if concusion and I hope to god Dec hasn't done his ankle again.

Well that pitch was a complete equaliser and gave us a massive chance of winning. But lack of composure and skill is killing us. 2 more tries from diving over from dummy half.thought ollie gordon was by a mile our best player, until we get sammut back we have zero percent chance of winning. Next week is a must win already. Dec didnt look good but was always a massive risk when we signed him as he always seems to suffer with injuries.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Totally agree with you.Whoever passed the pitch fit to play on should be banned.Those lakes didn't appear in a few hours since inspection. Same as last season start.No clue at halfback.We should have signed another half back to partner Sammut because when he isn't on the pitch we're totally rudderless.

Yesterday at 9am the Brow pitch was passed at fit to play and no singe  of the rain, then a shower started at 10 ish and by 12 noon a couple of puddles started to show on the pitch but by that time Keighley had already set off and there was no other option but for the game to go ahead, but if Town had managed to win today i wonder if your comments would have been the same,

Well that pitch was a complete equaliser and gave us a massive chance of winning. But lack of composure and skill is killing us. 2 more tries from diving over from dummy half.thought ollie gordon was by a mile our best player, until we get sammut back we have zero percent chance of winning. Next week is a must win already. Dec didnt look good but was always a massive risk when we signed him as he always seems to suffer with injuries.

Gordon only one that stood out to me, our best by a country mile, plenty of effort but zero idea, caught out by poor on line defence yet again, worrying thing is it always seems to be same people missing tackles near the line!!

Got to agree with Phil that effort alone doesn't win games. As he says we need smartness with ball in hand.I think It's looking just like last season when pre jarrod sammut we had very little creativity in attack. Hopefully he will be back next week and change that.

Defensively our pack is pretty solid, but the backs on our right hand side look all at sea. Dec,doran,tee and perry as a 4 need broken up and some solid defenders put in there. Stack and sammut will improve us in there massively. I thought sam done some great cover defense today. Looks like were down to 1 centre next week, no way will dec be fit to play and im assuring perry had concussion so will be absent as well.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Congratulation's to both teams for playing in those conditions, "however" the game should not have taken place, there was more advantage by calling the game off on Saturday and having Halifax coming up on a re-scheduled mid week fixture when the would have to travel in the evening.

If it had been a dry pitch imo we would have conceded a bag full of points, we had all the possession in the opening 20 mins and could not break their line, having to wait for J.S. to reach fitness is going to be costly, I only hope he will not be another LATU.

Pitch and the conditions were terrible so there was no chance of a proper game. However having said that, Halifax played a much smarter game in the conditions. They had better line speed, they put pressure on our kickers and they varied their kicks. We played well in patches but our attacking threat was zero, even with the wind at our backs the kicking game lacked any imagination. Maybe we are a one man team in attack as we are seriously struggling to create anything up to press.

Gordon was the stand out player for me too. Thought Sam never put a foot wrong either.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Game should NOT have been played I.M.O. decent effort in dreadful conditions. We just couldn't unlock their defence when in good field position.

It was garbage conditions for the two teams,we didnt look like scoring .The writing was on the wall after the first ten minutes,where we had a load of pressure ,but came away empty handed.I cant and will not knock the effort put in by the boys ,but we all know who or what we are lacking at the minute.

Yeah can't question the effort and commitment, some very good defence for the majority of the game but a couple of lapses on our line again which was disappointing. Lots of possession but didn't really look like opening fax up who were solid defensively. Bloome is still a dick, both teams offside and threw forward passes yet he only penalised us randomly.

And it must be said nothing from half back again, zero creativity from either half.

It was garbage conditions for the two teams,we didnt look like scoring .The writing was on the wall after the first ten minutes,where we had a load of pressure ,but came away empty handed.I cant and will not knock the effort put in by the boys ,but we all know who or what we are lacking at the minute.

well said, can only praise both teams for playing in them conditions. With a bit more luck and a bit more brain power in that first half we could have easily have gone in winning. It's a week closer to getting bodies back hopefully!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Everyone of the should be applauded for playing in that today! Thought 1st half we handled the conditions better than Halifax, but 2nd half couldn't keep hold of the ball. Oliver Gordon was the stand out alongside Brett Phillips! Thought a couple of dodgy ref decisions late on helped them score an extra couple of tries! To me 12-0 would if been a fair result. Good defensive effort today on the whole,

The conditions should have played into our hands, but yet again some of the guys seem to make the same mistakes.

The half backs were garbage in my opinion. JS please as soon as possible or we will be in a dog fight at the end of the season. Its a sad thing to say but as for our Wigan trained half....what is PV thinking about, because I just don't see whats on offer there.

14-0 would have been a fair result today I think, and well done both teams for trying to play today, for me Big Olly was MOM followed by Liam, and Brett P, don't think we would have scored if we had still been playing now tho, we are still conceding far to many try's close to our line why is this ? I still say with Brett, Jarrod and Alex back our defensive line will be stronger and not leak points like we are now. Ryan Virlinden was telling me he has been in bed all week ill and should be ok next week also  we should have both Jarrod's back from what I have been told, so getting close to full strength then no excuses !!!! 

Hopefully Declan's not to serious and Perry to, both really need to up there defence if fit next week , Callum had a neck injury and hopefully back next week to.

With personnel back we really need to win, Oldham had a great win today so no pressure boys ;)  

Appaling conditions-same at Barrow . I think revenue might have had some bearing on both games going ahead. We have two players in particular on sizeable wages who have to be paid even though they aren't touching a ball. We were down to the bare 17 today, I believe Doran was meant to be on the bench with Callum starting but he is carrying an injury and didn't make it. First half they couldn't get out of their own half as our defence was pretty solid and their first two tries were against the run of play. Bloem piggy backed them and totally ignored their blatant offside while I think touch judges have been instructed not to intervene. Having said that I don't think we would have scored if we'd played til midnight. Happy days!

The conditions should have played into our hands, but yet again some of the guys seem to make the same mistakes.

The half backs were garbage in my opinion. JS please as soon as possible or we will be in a dog fight at the end of the season. Its a sad thing to say but as for our Wigan trained half....what is PV thinking about, because I just don't see whats on offer there.

i honestly think we are in a dog fight already. I know it's early days but we have the usual ones at the top then a stronger mid table and swinton and Oldham are lookin no mugs.

Archived