The Longest Try

Can Robbie set a world record for the longest try?

http://www.thelongesttry.com/#intro

Great to see how the World Cup can inspire people to help others.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Wilt, surely that's the longest kick(ing.)

Longest Clap...

• 2 months later...

http://www.rugbyam.co.uk/articles/news/rugby-am-news/the-longest-try/

Robbie Dolan is a unique character. At 5ft 6in and of ‘Rugby League build’, it seems that he’s not the right size to attempt to run long distances. Never mind the feat that he is looking to take on during the World Cup in Australia next year. For 2 charities, (the Roald Dahl Marvellous Children’s Charity and Live to Give) he’s looking to run nearly 30 miles per day for 42 days, to arrive in Brisbane for the World Cup final.

• 7 months later...

http://www.thelongesttry.com/#the-journey

Starting on Sunday October 22nd in true Rugby theme, Robbie will run an average of 50km a day through Victoria, New South Wales and into Queensland, carrying a rugby ball. In a foot race to the Rugby League World Cup Final at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday December 2nd.

Robbie's endurance endeavour will kick off from Melbourne's AAMI Park and visit Canberra's GIO Stadium, Sydney's ANZ Stadium, Newcastle's Hunter Stadium, Sawtell and the C.EX Coffs International Stadium. Scoring a Try at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium in the longest 5 tackles in history.

The Longest Try will raise money for children's charities in the U.K. and Australia including Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity in the U.K. Miracle Babies Foundation and Children's Tumour Foundation of Australia.

1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Seriously, what happens if he drops the ball?

He starts back at the beginning.

• 2 months later...
On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Adelaide Tiger said:

Seriously, what happens if he drops the ball?

Depends what shirt he's wearing.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Would be great to get Robbie a few follows and twitter to spread the word (and donations).

Robbie is a  great lad and son of York. He has done his fair share of spreading the RL gospel around the UK. This latest effort is typical of his spirit and deserves as much support as possible. Hope to see him over there next month.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived