Huddersfield match

Blue Pike

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if there's a Fev end for those of us turning up and paying on the gate ?

Yes there is we have been given the stand behind the sticks towards town - Chadwick Lawrence stand

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

We werent that far behind them .We should have won at home and away Leigh hung on for dear life.BUT Leigh (like London)have been smart and strenghened for the qualifiers so the question is we dont know but theres one thing for sure we will find out next week.These qualifiers are the next level and it will Highlight the difficiencies in our side at this level which hopefully Jon will put right next season.I am happy with our pack but to be honest I am actualy happy just to be in this position of the qualifiers and that is down to this team .

Totally agree

i have no reason for this, but i keep getting the feeling we will beat Leigh next week, we shall see

Me too it should be a decent crowd too poss 5000 as it is not shown on sky and Leigh fans will hope to make it 3 wins with the thought of the million pound game.On a very serious note I hope we dont pick up any injuries from this afts game and improve from last weeks match.

Leigh beating Salford has put a different complexion on the matter, you would have to give the Leythers a good chance against Huddersfield also. The big question is how far are we behind Leigh?

2 games is not a fair reflection to judge how far a team is behind another. The reality is other than London and Bradford, the rest are probably between 1.2m-1.5m behind them.

Not looking good today now Lets hope they have a good go in second half but we just no where near S/L standard Not disappointed thought still proud of what this team achieved this year

Another desperately poor defensive effort again - last week we had excuses this week there are none

It seems some of our players have acheived their objective of getting into the top 4 with us and have shut up shop for the season

Gifted them opportunities through poor discipline and lost ball - 20% completion rate in our 1st 5 sets according to JS which is quite frankly disgraceful, you cant do that and expect to compete and earn victories

I hope the riot act is read to some of them, get some pride installed back into that shirt for next week!

However i have to question the HB pairing today - JS got the half backs wrong today - talked all season about building a successful HB partnership, getting games under their belts to understand each others games - then proceeds to change it!

Then substitutes the fit HB off and leaves on the HB who hasnt played for six weeks, whos contribution in that role my opinion left a lot to be desired

It obviously wouldnt have effected the result but for me this tactical change bombed

Least its only Leigh next week!

Another desperately poor defensive effort again - last week we had excuses this week there are none

It seems some of our players have acheived their objective of getting into the top 4 with us and have shut up shop for the season

Gifted them opportunities through poor discipline and lost ball - 20% completion rate in our 1st 5 sets according to JS which is quite frankly disgraceful, you cant do that and expect to compete and earn victories

I hope the riot act is read to some of them, get some pride installed back into that shirt for next week!

However i have to question the HB pairing today - JS got the half backs wrong today - talked all season about building a successful HB partnership, getting games under their belts to understand each others games - then proceeds to change it!

Then substitutes the fit HB off and leaves on the HB who hasnt played for six weeks, whos contribution in that role my opinion left a lot to be desired

It obviously wouldnt have effected the result but for me this tactical change bombed

Least its only Leigh next week!

We seem to have gone back into self destruct mode again today . Turning the ball over constantly through schoolboy errors ,poor kicking options ,generally giving the opposition an easy route to hammer us .Dont know if im moaning for the right reason ,but we seemed to play the basics and play with shape when the money was on .

We at a championship side and cannot compete with the S/L boys it's as simple as that All we can do is support the team and club until the end of the season All we can ask for is that the club move in the right direction On the field we have improved compared to this time last year so no complaints from me This. Middle 8 will give the coach a good idea of the players atitudes and skills so he can make the right decisions for the team next year I just feel some fans are expecting to much from the team

Agree about the HB though don't know why he would change them but he must have his reasons that we Dont know

This. Middle 8 will give the coach a good idea of the players atitudes and skills so he can make the right decisions for the team next year I just feel some fans are expecting to much from the team

We arent the only ones with high expectations - JS is absolutely seething with that team performance today and the riot act will be read

No complaints from you? Wow you have low standards

But for the coach and some of the supporters the season isnt over and we have higher standards and that simply wasnt good enough today at times for a team that has pretty decent defence all season

We had a chance to at least compete today and we certainly didnt acheive that - the desire of some of the players has to be questioned im afraid, maybe they are out of their depth at this level?

I can see some very harsh talks occuring this week

I would love to beat a S/L team but it's not goin to happen I believe we train 3 nights a week and are part time That Huddersfield team were far too big and train all week they will be looked after tomorrow and most of our team will be back at work We are not comparing like for like I agree there was some bad performance today but I'm not gunna say he was rubbish etcbecause it's not fair on the players and I'd expect JS to be upset

We at a championship side and cannot compete with the S/L boys it's as simple as that All we can do is support the team and club until the end of the season All we can ask for is that the club move in the right direction On the field we have improved compared to this time last year so no complaints from me This. Middle 8 will give the coach a good idea of the players atitudes and skills so he can make the right decisions for the team next year I just feel some fans are expecting to much from the team

Agree about the HB though don't know why he would change them but he must have his reasons that we Dont know

So does playing a SL team mean you cannot catch or get past the first tackle without silly errors .

So does playing a SL team mean you cannot catch or get past the first tackle without silly errors .

I'm not disagreeing we were poor in patchestoday and some of the defence was terrible

We arent the only ones with high expectations - JS is absolutely seething with that team performance today and the riot act will be read

No complaints from you? Wow you have low standards

But for the coach and some of the supporters the season isnt over and we have higher standards and that simply wasnt good enough today at times for a team that has pretty decent defence all season

We had a chance to at least compete today and we certainly didnt acheive that - the desire of some of the players has to be questioned im afraid, maybe they are out of their depth at this level?

I can see some very harsh talks occuring this week

Agree we play a SL side low on confidence and winless in 4 games no main playmaker and finisher, and what do we do play dumb from the start ,gift possesion early every set through constant child like errors,kick pathetically ,then fold again under pressure ,mainly put upon ourselves .

We won the last 3 games of the Championship league against 3 good sides, by playing smart rugby respecting the ball, playing our sets out and getting a good kick in and making the opposition work hard out of there own 20. We're playing a lot better full time teams now, but against Leeds we seemed to panic with ball in hand and turned cheap ball over, I heard the completion rate was about 30 odd%, sound simular today, we're not gving ourselves any chance at all with them stats against quality teams, get back to playing smart and we can get a lot closer to the full time teams.

I am now expert bit it has to be tough to play against those who have all week to prepare or rest. Last two games spoilt by to clowns with the whistle who gave every decision to to full timers. For me the middle 8's is about the extra cash and using this experience to get better and stronger for 2017. Up the rovers

I would love to beat a S/L team but it's not goin to happen I believe we train 3 nights a week and are part time That Huddersfield team were far too big and train all week they will be looked after tomorrow and most of our team will be back at work We are not comparing like for like I agree there was some bad performance today but I'm not gunna say he was rubbish etcbecause it's not fair on the players and I'd expect JS to be upset

No ones asking them to win, all were asking is to compete for 80 mins and im afraid they arent doing that regardless of the level of the opposistion

I am now expert bit it has to be tough to play against those who have all week to prepare or rest. Last two games spoilt by to clowns with the whistle who gave every decision to to full timers. For me the middle 8's is about the extra cash and using this experience to get better and stronger for 2017. Up the rovers

We certainly wont be getting better for the experience so far believe me .

No ones asking them to win, all were asking is to compete for 80 mins and im afraid they arent doing that regardless of the level of the opposistion

Put it this way in my opinion if we would have been on a bonus like last few games to get into the top 4 ,i feel we would have given them a game .

There's a pic on Facebook of acuma tai's try which wasn't a try clearly lost possession, still a grubbing though. Think a lot of its down to mental attitude,some players thinking we've reached the top 4 so job done, Jon Sharpe has got a job on lifting them for next week after conceding 60 plus 2 week on the trot, he doesn't sound a happy bunny though, few ass kickings in training next week.

There's a pic on Facebook of acuma tai's try which wasn't a try clearly lost possession, still a grubbing though. Think a lot of its down to mental attitude,some players thinking we've reached the top 4 so job done, Jon Sharpe has got a job on lifting them for next week after conceding 60 plus 2 week on the trot, he doesn't sound a happy bunny though, few ass kickings in training next week.

It looked short of the try line from the photo

Im Fev and im proud

Archived