Sarginson slams Hemel move

DoubleD

Sargi was picked up going through our junior system,if he didn't make it at Bronco's he would have returned to play for Hemel. Kieran played many games for our NL3 team as was.Jamie Acton also came through our National Youth Team and then onto NL3, not a problem with natural progression.

But to put an obstacle of over 1000miles a week to get to training will kill off Hemel recruiting any players.

Do you think that because London was in Super League and that there was the possibility of a full time professional contract in SL with them that made a difference to their efforts and ambitions at Hemel? In other words, is this move in part, a knock on consequence from London relegation? (I know London are full time but I assume the money and opportunities available are a lot less than they would be in SL?)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having London in super league was a massive selling point to what could be achieved , and with Skolars and ourselves able to offer opportunities to the lads who didn't quite make it but wanted to continue. London also gave the lads a relatively local training base, which without no one would have travelled up north to train. London in super league or not are the club most youngsters aspire to, but it is the work done at a local level that allows this. If a youngster it's not picked up by London the choice at semi pro is Skolars (local training) Hemel (1000 miles a week). What do you think they would choose .

01Headbanner.jpg

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

This is almost becoming a Karl Oyston-like situation, WTF are they doing?

All a bit puzzling. I may even be part of the supporters trust for all I know - I became a shareholder when the club joined League One - but it isn't a organisation I've ever heard from. Maybe that's my fault. Hmm, maybe I'm the problem!

All a bit puzzling. I may even be part of the supporters trust for all I know - I became a shareholder when the club joined League One - but it isn't a organisation I've ever heard from. Maybe that's my fault. Hmm, maybe I'm the problem!

I think they're trying to ban their supporters so they can ship in a new set from Dewsbury

No , It has to renew every year. So you want be able to vote.

01Headbanner.jpg

www.hemelstags.com

I'm a Prescot Panthers fan who ended up down south and now supports the game not a specific team. Due to house moves I have had season tickets at three southern teams in the past 20 or so years.

I've not particularly enjoyed this season and and am thinking of changing my primary watching location next season. Hemel is actually the closest ground to my house but as the 45 minute drive there often takes two hours pre match I have never had a season ticket there. I was seriously considering changing that next year however after point three in that statement there is no chance of that. What sort of picture is that selling to people like me considering watching the team?

Looks like it's either back to Broncos, a combination of the drive to Barnet and Gus Mackay saw me give up on a season ticket there though I have carried on watching them when possible, or a season just picking a good game to watch and jumping in the car.

Not sure that's a great business plan for Hemel.

Ivarr the boneless, What has ending a supporters trust that was stated didn't work isn't a reason not to watch a team?? I watch oxford because I enjoy watching rugby league both my team and some of the quality teams that come to Abingdon and I don't get involved in the politics of the club.

Trouble is politics effects the game and too often future of a club.

To answer Southern RL's question, it's combination of things.

Firstly a club where the committee and fans are in open dispute doesn't sound like a fun place to watch sport. The politics impacts the vibe of match day even if you stay out of it.

Secondly it's pretty soulless watching much southern RL. Not many people rattling around in a worryingly empty ground. Guess a few of those previously watching Hemel will walk away now making the idea of a two hour drive each way less attractive compared to a shorter trip to the Broncos.

Finally I want southern RL to thrive. I'd rather put my money into a club that is likely to use it wisely. Frankly the Hemel club seems more interested in in-fighting at the moment.

That's just me though. More worrying is the potential impact on those locally who may consider watching Stags. Hemel currently has a thriving football club and basketball club that can pull half decent gates. If you are a local sports fan reading about all three in the local paper which are you most likely to watch?

That's just me though. More worrying is the potential impact on those locally who may consider watching Stags. Hemel currently has a thriving football club and basketball club that can pull half decent gates. If you are a local sports fan reading about all three in the local paper which are you most likely to watch?

Very fair points. The football team are at the highest level they have ever played at and the basketball team certainly always seem to be in contention come the end of the season. Stags aren't a very easy sell to the casual sports fan at the moment.

Never realised that. Communication out of the club to those of us who regularly put their money in (family 'gold' membership for the last three seasons) could certainly be better,

Family Gold membership has shareholdings included. So you should have been getting information regarding AGM's etc.  

01Headbanner.jpg

www.hemelstags.com

Ivarr the boneless, What has ending a supporters trust that was stated didn't work isn't a reason not to watch a team?? I watch oxford because I enjoy watching rugby league both my team and some of the quality teams that come to Abingdon and I don't get involved in the politics of the club.

There are fans of rugby league, who like yourself just want to see a game, and then there are those of us who have spent many years dirtying our hands to make sure there is a game for people to see. I personally have spent many thousands of man hours[unpaid] in helping to build the club into what it was.

01Headbanner.jpg

www.hemelstags.com

I'm a Prescot Panthers fan who ended up down south and now supports the game not a specific team. Due to house moves I have had season tickets at three southern teams in the past 20 or so years.

I've not particularly enjoyed this season and and am thinking of changing my primary watching location next season. Hemel is actually the closest ground to my house but as the 45 minute drive there often takes two hours pre match I have never had a season ticket there. I was seriously considering changing that next year however after point three in that statement there is no chance of that. What sort of picture is that selling to people like me considering watching the team?

Looks like it's either back to Broncos, a combination of the drive to Barnet and Gus Mackay saw me give up on a season ticket there though I have carried on watching them when possible, or a season just picking a good game to watch and jumping in the car.

Not sure that's a great business plan for Hemel.

Come along to St Albans :)

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Archived