Sheffield Eagles - What's the latest?

As someone who doesn't know much about there history why have Sheffield struggled as badly as they have?

I think it's mainly to do with the lack of a stable home ground (their original ground got shut down for health and safety reasons, same as happened to the original Blackpool)

I think it's mainly to do with the lack of a stable home ground (their original ground got shut down for health and safety reasons, same as happened to the original Blackpool)

Thanks you for the response hopefully they can sort themselves out

The latest appears to be that they have an international World Cup 2017 hooker in training for the season ahead.

A winger who scores tries when playing against Super League sides.

I can't remember the name of their coach,but I believe he has guided an international side to the next World Cup - Apart from that he lives a life of leisure!

I hope the OP doesn't join those Batley,Dewsbury and Featherstone followers,all of whom worry ever so much about Sheffield Eagles,and fret about our welfare.

If the Leader of The Pack is happy...https://twitter.com/SheffieldEagles?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

"Eagles are close to ‘getting over line"

I hope this is the case cos that'll be the nap hand with the Bulls and York! Excellent when it happens.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

The latest appears to be that they have an international World Cup 2017 hooker in training for the season ahead.

A winger who scores tries when playing against Super League sides.

I can't remember the name of their coach,but I believe he has guided an international side to the next World Cup - Apart from that he lives a life of leisure!

I hope the OP doesn't join those Batley,Dewsbury and Featherstone followers,all of whom worry ever so much about Sheffield Eagles,and fret about our welfare.

If the Leader of The Pack is happy...https://twitter.com/SheffieldEagles?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Well you can put that down to your charming CEO/coach. When you spend all of your time upsetting every other club along the way then you shouldn't be surprised when the helping hand isn't proffered.

For the sake of the fans I do hope that Sheffield survive. However, having no ground, a small squad, no sponsor and significant debts doesn't help the cause does it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well you can put that down to your charming CEO/coach. When you spend all of your time upsetting every other club along the way then you shouldn't be surprised when the helping hand isn't proffered.

For the sake of the fans I do hope that Sheffield survive. However, having no ground, a small squad, no sponsor and significant debts doesn't help the cause does it?

Hit the nail well and truly on the head BSJ. It isn't about a 'hate' for the club, its fans and it's very existence, rather a justifiable apathy to support the 'sideshow CEO' from those whose bridges have been burnt in years gone by.

The pitch at the dog track was to small and they have probably used far more Donny lads than home grown.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived