Swinton reaction

town4me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mee too wonky. Not helped by an awful ref that spoiled the game for both sides too.

town were poor, swinton were poor and the ref was bloody awful. As you say if we cant beat that lot today we have no hope of survival. They were as bad as we will see all year up here and to only score one and never look like scoring again is very poor.why is alex playing, he got 20 minutes and could hardly walk never mind run. Surely stevie would have been a far better option. The sad thing is we were dreadful, yet if carl forber was on goalkicking duty wed have still won.baffling why forber, whos probably in the top 5 goalkickers in the league, isnt on conversions.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

We just didn't look like a side that has its back to the wall and desperately needed the league points. It's yet another golden opportunity to pick up 2 points blown. No disrespect to the lions but they are IMO the worst side to visit DP so far this season.

Can't understand why Forber isn't kicking. Don't think I have seen a Town side so devoid of ideas, not sure the coach picked the right team for today, Scholey was surely a better option that Alex, why does Callum not get more game time. C1 looks a distinct outcome now.

Awful, worst game I have seen for ages... Things are not looking good at all.

Next 4 games are all cup finals for us. Its down to the players now to show how much they want it!!

We just didn't look like a side that has its back to the wall and desperately needed the league points. It's yet another golden opportunity to pick up 2 points blown. No disrespect to the lions but they are IMO the worst side to visit DP so far this season.

No disrespect to town, but you're definitely the worst side to play at DP this season. Or anywhere in the Championship for that matter, that's why you're bottom. Like I said, no disrespect, but yeah, bottom.

No disrespect to town, but you're definitely the worst side to play at DP this season. Or anywhere in the Championship for that matter, that's why you're bottom. Like I said, no disrespect, but yeah, bottom.

we have pushed far better sides than that swinton side that we played today at DP mate. So it's very frustrating to play poorly and throw a win away. As someone has said,we seem to save our good performances for the good sides. Then when we play a side like that today and we are very poor.

we have pushed far better sides than that swinton side that we played today at DP mate. So it's very frustrating to play poorly and throw a win away.

I understand the frustration. Easily the worst game I've seen this season, but that should probably be taken into consideration before labelling Swinton the worst team you've seen. We've beaten much better than Town this season but after that showing a draw was definitely a fair result. Poor conditions, but not unplayable and the ref didn't have a clue. A point is okay but both sides will see it as a point lost.

I understand the frustration. Easily the worst game I've seen this season, but that should probably be taken into consideration before labelling Swinton the worst team you've seen. We've beaten much better than Town this season but after that showing a draw was definitely a fair result. Poor conditions, but not unplayable and the ref didn't have a clue. A point is okay but both sides will see it as a point lost.

I am not labelling Swinton a poor side. I am only giving you my honest opinion that that's the worst opposition performance I have seen at DP this season.

I am not labelling Swinton a poor side. I am only giving you my honest opinion that that's the worst opposition performance I have seen at DP this season.

Imagine if we'd played well.

I still find that hard to believe, especially when you consider we conceded 1 try against a team in desperate need of the 2 points, one billed as win or bust by yourselves. We scored more tries including the late one which was pure class.

The expectation of beating anyone in our division is a lack of respect. A team with a 2/18 record should not be expecting to beat anyone and I suppose that rang true today with you failing to beat what you consider the worst team you've seen all season.

Imagine if we'd played well.

I still find that hard to believe, especially when you consider we conceded 1 try against a team in desperate need of the 2 points, one billed as win or bust by yourselves. We scored more tries including the late one which was pure class.

The expectation of beating anyone in our division is a lack of respect. A team with a 2/18 record should not be expecting to beat anyone and I suppose that rang true today with you failing to beat what you consider the worst team you've seen all season.

I didn't say worst team I said worst opposition performance. Let's agree to disagree mate and move on. You were gifted a try by us trying to play champagne rugby in poor conditions and the 2nd try was dubious as to if it was grounded.

What was that all about? We needed that win badly and played the worst team I've seen at DP in a long time and still managed not to win!

Same old story .. Clueless on attack and concede a late try to a team who were never in it, what do we pay Vievers for? What does he actually do?

Ref clueless, Forber was like the invisible man ( not a dig at him , I just don't know what his role was) one thing he should've been doing was kicking the godamn goals, Sammutt getting MOM . What a bizarre afternoon!

I didn't say worst team I said worst opposition performance. Let's agree to disagree mate and move on. You were gifted a try by us trying to play champagne rugby in poor conditions and the 2nd try was dubious as to if it was grounded.

I thought we were agreeing to disagree and moving on? Ah well, should have won it then shouldn't you.

As for an opposition team never being in it, you'd probably have to score more than a single try for that to be true.

Where was the team that pushed Bradford all the way last time at the ZC, we were a shadow of our self from that match, I don't know why that is but that was the poorest we have played in years, its baffling and frustrating, was hoping this was the kick start we needed to get some points, defo the worst team we have played this year and that's the annoying thing, and I am not being disrespectful to Swinton but I have seen every game at ZC this year and they had to be the poorest we have come up against .

JD man of the match for me, best he has played for Town, well done . 

Careful lads saying swinton are the poorest team you have seen at DP or you'll have Bryce the swinton fan on your case! Lol

You will that! Haha. Just defending my team, I'd be disappointed if any of you didn't do the same.

It was the worst game I've seen this season, I just think it's harsh to use that game as a marker against all others.

I thought we were agreeing to disagree and moving on? Ah well, should have won it then shouldn't you.

As for an opposition team never being in it, you'd probably have to score more than a single try for that to be true.

Mate I know you're not a bad team but you were even worse than us today . You got a lucky try and only threatened our line for a short spell . I should've used our online betting site to have a sizeable punt on you scoring that try against the run of play cos as a Town fan I've sadly seen it happen so often.

Mate I know you're not a bad team but you were even worse than us today . You got a lucky try and only threatened our line for a short spell . I should've used our online betting site to have a sizeable punt on you scoring that try against the run of play cos as a Town fan I've sadly seen it happen so often.

We've done it so often this season that I was half expecting us to win it on the last play. Having followed the Championship closely all season I know Town aren't a bad side and a point is OK for us, despite the performance. I'll be behind Town for a few of the remaining fixtures though!

For me a draw was the fair result in a forgettable game. We'll be seeing you in the 8s with what will hopefully be a much better showing from both teams.

The Swinton winger grounded the ball at the end. Just a shame we had John Patrick on the wing, who was blowing out of his ###### towards the end. I think if we had Tee or Sam then that ball would of been ours.

not blaming Patrick at all, I thought he played quite well, solid and didnt look out of place, apart from the end when fitness told.

Having watched the game today It wasn't Swintons best performance of the season but they still managed a point away from home so not all bad!

I thought Workington played the conditions better and Doran had a good kicking game.

Just my opinion but I was relieved that Sammutt wasn't put into the halves in the last 20 minutes because he was wasted at fullback and he was never in the game on attack.

P.s I thought Swinton should of been rewarded a penalty try for the trip in the first half.

poor game of rugby and yes townies are right to say swinton are the worst team to have played at dp this season on their performance today , they simply were poor . town struggled with out of position players but should have still had the points the first try wouldnt have happened with young ritson on as he would have felled him bfore the half way line but that is all acadmemic as injuries happen and the second try as someone has already said would have been blocked by sam or tee but town were where they were , i think with hind sight dec at fb and sammut in the middle of the action might have edged it . 

Archived