Halifax (Away) - Sun 21 August. Predictions/Thoughts

Blind side johnny

It will be interesting to see the squad that GM selects for the Hailfax game on Sunday. If certain players are in the squad (we know who I mean) I will regard that as disgraceful and disrespectful towards the fans who want to see an honourable team on the field, no matter what the result.

On the other hand, it was probably all the referee's fault.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The season is dead.........While ever our 'ambition' only stretches to reaching the runners-up Shield final and / or avoiding relegation, then I don't see things getting better for this great club. I feel for Mark Sawyer, the other club benefactors, the Amber Ribbon and everyone else who CONTRIBUTE one way or another who have been consistently and disrespectfully let down time and again by MERCENARIES who have no pride in the shirt or the club and its supporters.

Change is needed, and soon........... Morrison simply has to go - The garbage we are watching now is worse than anything Jowetts teams  served up..........and one thing you felt with Jowett's teams was a passion to do well for the club AND a passion from Jowett to sort problems out........... His ways may have been extreme sometimes but at least you knew he, and the players, CARED !!

IF a team is giving 100% for the team, each other and the supporters, then they will always command (my) respect and support.... This year's bunch clearly don't give a flying stuff and whether you like it or not the blame for that lies with the man who brought them in. THIS is Morrisons team............AND IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!! 

Agreed. I can't think of many fans still pro Morrison now. Defeat at Halifax and a beating by bulls could see some anger shown by the fans in the stands. On subject of jowitt. He had peanuts to spend compared to morro! Fact! Bet he would of got a lot more value for money. Hope a certain few players NEVER play for this great club again too. Down to 600 home fans... Be 500 next season if changes ain't made.

Agreed. I can't think of many fans still pro Morrison now. Defeat at Halifax and a beating by bulls could see some anger shown by the fans in the stands. On subject of jowitt. He had peanuts to spend compared to morro! Fact! Bet he would of got a lot more value for money. Hope a certain few players NEVER play for this great club again too. Down to 600 home fans... Be 500 next season if changes ain't made.

I don't dispute the sentiments but can argue about the facts. First, in terms of relativity, Jowett had no less to spend than Morrison in comparison with the other teams of our status: what has happened is a notable inflation in the payment that players are demanding. Second, just ask Mark Sawyer how much it cost him when we got promoted from the 2nd division in our "total victory" season - you wouldn't be saying that we were spending nowt then either.

Most of the players are loyal and hard-working but a loss of discipline and respect has exposed those one or two who don't have the same professional character that we should reasonably expect. As has been rightly said these players were recruited by, trained by and motivated by the coach. No excuses left now!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Squad announced ... No Groat no Farrell ... and still no Conroy!!!!! Pleased to see Glover and Teanby in I really hope they get a game.

Glover and Teabvy were in the nineteen for Workington too, but not selected to play. Perhaps this week they may with Gouldng and Muranka omitted.

Will not make a difference as it's rare we win at Halifax and I reckon we could be in for a thumping.

Halifax 36-6 Dewsbury

FTS: Guzdek

MoM: Spicer

At: 1344

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Squad announced ... No Groat no Farrell ... and still no Conroy!!!!!  Pleased to see Glover and Teanby in I really hope they get a game.

These two need to get a run out. Remember that Walshaw and Etu won't be able to play against Bradford, so with Farrell and Sykes suspended we will be a bit thin on the ground as it is.

A comeback for Pryce I reckon.

I bet your all pleased you didn't go today :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Full time.

Halifax 22 Dews 24

Well done Dews.

:O  :O  :O  :shout:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Boo hoo from Morro on the radio

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Well I went and a massive effort from the players who were out on their feet at the end. Halifax could easily have won the game, but impressive goal line defence from the Rams and errors from Halifax near our line saw us scrape the win. Hemingway finally seems to have started to run and his passing whilst slow was better and his kicking improved as the game went on and he scored what was the winner from the touch line.

But lots of errors, conceding needless penalties, loose passes. The Halifax team was u nrecognisable from the side that thrashed us at home. Mixed bag from Kain, scored a good interception try, messed us a second. Interception, gave penalties threw loose passes, but he did get stuck inas did Speakman and I reckon Dale Morton must have done the most hit ups in the Rams team.

AaFax fan told me they have signed Grady and Farrell. And GM s comments about distribution of prize money was accurate. Batley may have landed a windfall this year, but it will be even harder next year with Toulouse. Fev took a massive financial gamble and they got lucky. Had they finished 5th would they have survived their next winding up order?

After saying all week I wouldn't be going ...  I weakened in the end and  did ...I am glad i went!!   a bit of a messy game  .. lots of errors on both sides .... but good to see a team performance. For me Guzdek was excellent , some really good positional play, very safe under many a high ball and some strong running out of defence  ... Tonks caused them loads of problems and Eto was good , both in defence and attack, an excellent take and finish for the first try, and getting in-between the fax guys to prevent that last minute fax chance probably won us the game !!  ...  Kain continues  to thrill and frustrates in equal measure!! ( I'd still give him another season though) .... really pleased to see Glover and Teanby get a game.

Ref was poor .. the inconsistency of his decisions were frustrating for both sets of fans .. 

Anyone know why Sykes went off at half time?

Conroy has been injured with a stress fracture of the foot. Sykes hurt his leg and couldn't put any weight on it. Muscle strain.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

The Halifax team was u nrecognisable from the side that thrashed us at home. .

AaFax fan told me they have signed Grady and Farrell. And GM s comments about distribution of prize money was accurate. Batley may have landed a windfall this year, but it will be even harder next year with Toulouse. Fev took a massive financial gamble and they got lucky. Had they finished 5th would they have survived their next winding up order?

Its even more unimaginable how unrecognizable we are from the team that finished 6th in the middle 8's last season.

Not heard anything about Farrell but would be happy with that, Grady obviously a done deal but also heard maybe Dalton Grant today as well.

Whats he been saying? Someone said he had threatened to announce our signings.

Yes nearly ....  he did say that Fax have signed one of our better players ... didn't say who though!!   He was complaining about the financial share out structure creating a tiered league. ... and that we couldn't compete financially.

(Wishful thinking!!! Grant has signed for London)

Whats he been saying? Someone said he had threatened to announce our signings.

Complaining about a two tier league with the have's and have nots and the bigger better teams pinching his players ;)

At least he was not talking about us then.

No, he meant Batley.

Its even more unimaginable how unrecognizable we are from the team that finished 6th in the middle 8's last season.

Not heard anything about Farrell but would be happy with that, Grady obviously a done deal but also heard maybe Dalton Grant today as well.

Grants got some speed but playing for two teams would take some doing.

Ok I'll get slaughtered for this

Today

A win is a win and well done to every player that tried his best

Perspective time

Today we were playing a team that according to statistics were worse than Workington

Lost their last 6 games and haven't put up a creditable performance for nearly 2 months

Let's not get giddy shall we

As normal service will be resumed next Monday vs Bradford

You can only beat what is in front of you

And today the lads did do that

Well done too to the fans who spent their hard earned brass in going to support the team

They are the real heroes today

Morrison didn't sound happy on radio leeds

But i can live with that ;)

Archived