Hemel

Bearman

We do appear to be getting better as the players get to know each other.

We went 8-0 down and I thought that we were the better team but worried that the lads heads might drop. I needn't have worried.

They are made of much sterner stuff now and are starting to believe in themselves.

The last two games against Keighley and Doncaster has shown them that if the concentrate they can hold their own.Our forwards totally dominated Hemel.

The Hemel forwards must have thought that when we took off Guertjo and Jack and brought on our subs they would be in for an easier time but Brad Brennan fitted right in and had an impressive debut. He told me he was a bit rusty not having played for a while, well if he was rusty I'd love to see him when he's polished!

Trae came on with him and had what I thought was his best game in the first team, what a future he has!

The backs didn't disappoint and there were some great performances there too.

We were talking in the bar after the game about who was our MOM and with two hat trick men to be taken into consideration we couldn't decide whether it should be a forward or a back. I look forward to seeing who does get the accolade because in truth it was a great team performance.

All in all it was a cracking performance and must be one of our best displays at this level.

Great stuff. Well done everyone.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived