Last Tackle to include Jamaica

The Toronto Wolfpack appears to be a gift that keeps on giving.

Looks like they are holding trials in Jamaica and working the the JRLA as the trial will be on Grand final day in Jamaica.

This is a great way to simulate the game on the island and bring extra publicity for the sport.

On an island with no shortage of world class sprinters, I am sure the JRLA will be more than happy to offer coaching to any future stars.

Sprinting being one of the most popular sports on the island.  Often so Lucrative it can draw people away from Rugby League.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2016/09/25/rugby-wolfpack-chasing-speed-across-three-countries.html

This info has been available for months. It's exciting to see but realistically the Wolfpack only have a couple of roster spots available which will surely go to established players as they're a League 1 club trying to win promotion. I posted on the other thread that this is something which other clubs should be doing en-masse, it's crazy to me that they're not. But then for most SL clubs it's too much effort to scout the other side of the Pennines let alone the other side of the world.

This info has been available for months. It's exciting to see but realistically the Wolfpack only have a couple of roster spots available which will surely go to established players as they're a League 1 club trying to win promotion. I posted on the other thread that this is something which other clubs should be doing en-masse, it's crazy to me that they're not. But then for most SL clubs it's too much effort to scout the other side of the Pennines let alone the other side of the world.

I am pretty sure Jamaica is a recent development.

Is this going to be on TV over here?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Archived