Starting squad

the old nine ole

As we approach our seasonal ' friendly' and pre season ..... looking at the signings we have made and the possible balance of the team .....  What do you think would be our strongest 17??

This is my starter for 10;

Guzdek

Morton

Crookes

Barnes

Potts

Sykes

Kain

Stringer

Hemmingway

Teanby

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Tonks

Adamson T

Ward

Spicer

Sykes and Kain did OK in the halvesl together last year, certainly better than Kain and Speakman , and whilst Sykes might be better at centre, given the squads limitations at half back, I see no other option .....  I don't know anything about Ollett and Foster so I couldn't really comment .....  and I am sure there are many that will prefer Luke at 13 ....  just shows, though, how much we will be relying on DR for injuries and the likes!! 

P.S. Stringer os Sykes for captain???    Stringer for me!  ... let Sykesie concentrate on his own game... it might keep him out of trouble with the refs!

As we approach our seasonal ' friendly' and pre season ..... looking at the signings we have made and the possible balance of the team ..... What do you think would be our strongest 17??

Guzdek

Morton

Crookes

Barnes

Potts

Sykes

Kain

Stringer

Hemmingway

Teanby

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Tonks

Adamson T

Ward

Spicer

Sykes and Kain did OK in the halvesl together last year, certainly better than Kain and Speakman , and whilst Sykes might be better at centre, given the squads limitations at half back, I see no other option ..... I don't know anything about Ollett and Foster so I couldn't really comment ..... and I am sure there are many that will prefer Luke at 13 .... just shows, though, how much we will be relying on DR for injuries and the likes!!

That's about as good it will get,except Ward for Hemingway as he hasn't resigned for us,unless you have a bit of inside information ??

No.... no inside information other than I think 'Jimbo' implied, somewhere on here, that he had signed! .... if he hasn't then probably Speakman would start at 9 with Ward being the impact sub!!!  ....   If he has signed then we have a squad of 23 ... if not 22 ... either way we were informed that the squad would be 24 this year ....  so still some news to come!!

As we approach our seasonal ' friendly' and pre season ..... looking at the signings we have made and the possible balance of the team ..... What do you think would be our strongest 17??

Guzdek

Morton

Crookes

Barnes

Potts

Sykes

Kain

Stringer

Hemmingway

Teanby

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Tonks

Adamson T

Ward

Spicer

Sykes and Kain did OK in the halvesl together last year, certainly better than Kain and Speakman , and whilst Sykes might be better at centre, given the squads limitations at half back, I see no other option ..... I don't know anything about Ollett and Foster so I couldn't really comment ..... and I am sure there are many that will prefer Luke at 13 .... just shows, though, how much we will be relying on DR for injuries and the likes!!

P.S. Stringer os Sykes for captain??? Stringer for me! ... let Sykesie concentrate on his own game... it might keep him out of trouble with the refs!

Looks short of a prop and a half back to me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My selection would be:

1 Guzdek

2 Morton

3 Crookes

4 Sykes

5 Potts

6 Glover

7 Kain

8. Stringer

9. Hemingway

10 Tonks

11 Spicer

12 Walshaw

13 Brown

14 Teanby

15 Adamson, T

16 Sheriffe

17 Ward

Sykes would be at centre for me and the half backs could be the opposite way round. Hale and Luke Adamson are omitted as I believe that they are injured.

Cannot see us winning, but I hope to be there to find out which way it does go. Think Batley's goalkicker will have an off day and miss a goal.

Batley 40 - 12 Dewsbury

FTS: Brown

MoM: Stringer

Att: 1648

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived