Part timers playing on working days

Bill H

It seems so unfair to me that part time teams can be compelled to play full time teams on working days.  The full timers should have enough advantage with full time training and player quality without playing lads that have been grafting all day; or, for that matter, expecting employers to give players time off work.  This is something that the RFL should address, and perhaps part time teams should work together and press the RFL on this issue.

Leeds Rhinos usually play at home on Fridays...it suits them (and SKY) rather than Sunday...

maybe it is just that Leeds are Scared to play the dogs when fully fit.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

What is the problem? It is not a great surprise that Leeds play on Fridays they have done for a number of years. Batley players train after their days work so what is the difference playing after a days work.

Well, perhaps I am wrong Ernie, but I know how tired I was by Friday night when I was working.  There is a huge difference, I would have thought, between training and playing.  Let me quote Alex Walmsley lifted from the Leeds programme "When you've been working all day, you just can't be as fresh for rugby because your body can only do so much".

Leeds Rhinos usually play at home on Fridays...it suits them (and SKY) rather than Sunday...

maybe it is just that Leeds are Scared to play the dogs when fully fit.....

You make a fair point RPH about the Rhinos, but I do suspect that some games this last season have been moved to a weekday night to gain maximum advantage for, and by, full time sides.  Paranoia?

I really need to get myself one of these Mon-Fri jobs........

Nowt to do with Rugby, Oxy, but for what it's worth I worked a seven day week in my first proper job and if I started at 8am then all being well I was finished for the day by 10 pm.  It was also the easiest job that I have had with many a book read during working hours......the oldie World equivalent of spending my time on forums.

Archived