RUGBY OLDHAM NEWSLETTER

roughyed8

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant read past the first paragraph tbh but just that is depressing when the Rugby Oldham issue a "newsletter" stating events from nearly 10 months ago. On the ball with newsletters then! If its possible could someone upload a better quality pic (no offence), as it would be interesting to read the whole statement and the RO website only has newsletters up to 15/04/14. Cheers folks

Is anyone seriously surprised by this?
It was sadly predictable once the team was promoted and more money was in the offing!
The RFL are useless too.
The only answer in the long run is to follow the example of fans of Blackpool FC and boycott the club at home games to starve him of income.

not really new news is it , as for any new investor , take your money down south or to Canada then the RL will take note .

Do you really think the RFL don't want someone to invest in Oldham?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I think the implication is that the current owner isn't interested in outside investment and that the RFL aren't interested in clubs like Oldham, but would rather continue a bizarre policy of failed expansion

Commitments were made on the record by CH which were not kept. Not one.

Meetings were cancelled and no alternative dates were put forward.

Subsequent contacts by me and others were just plain ignored.

During the process I was subject to dirty looks and insults at games by some fans and accused of witholding information (which CH never shared) by others.

These actions made it pretty clear that the ownership and some fans wanted me to have no further involvement with the club. I don't stay where I'm not wanted.

Just one more person alienated forever.

The money and energy thst I was genuinely willing to put into working with the club to establish real fan engagement and improved facilities, I now put into supporting my local SL Team and England RL.

Tubey you reignited the fire in Oldham for me, ch certainly put it out.

I have my own principles why I won't go to Stalybridge

I'm watching sl on sky now, I myself wasn't subjected to any abuse dirty looks at whitebank that shouldn't have happened

We were hung out to dry

and still the misguided and just plain stupid, attend games and put money into a club run by a man with such a clear disregard for the fans.
These same people then whinge and moan about why fans are staying away.
If they cannot understand after reading that newsletter, just what damage they are actually doing to our club by going through the turnstiles and keeping the guy in his position, then I don't know what it would take for them to see reason.

Well I don't consider myself misguided or stupid, I attend games home and away to support the TEAM not the regime, you will find most people who do attend matches have a level of grievance towards CH bit don't obsess about the man like some. Proud to support a team of lads who give 100% every week. So yes I will continue to "cause damage" to our club, that's a laugh calling it our club when some don't even attend to support the TEAM. Up the Yeds!

I don't and won't criticise anyone, and I don't come on here and bleat.

I was lied to my face in the fans meeting and then the meetings stopped for no reason.

I still support oldham but I won't put money into the pocket of ch that's my choice.

I was brought up that your word is your bond, I'm afraid that certainly doesn't apply.

Finally you don't need to attend matches to support the club that's my view, some on here might think I'm deluded but I don't. I tried to make a difference I failed I was told I would

I to will always go to every game I can being over 70i want to see as much rugby as it can.don't go to many sl games and if marvin gets his way I will not be going to any.i never cared who was the chairman for over 60years , I admit I do miss watershed dings but still love the club wherever we play

Everyone is entitled to their opinions of, I find it incredibly difficult to suscribe to the view (unless you are ill,abroad etc) that you can support a club without attending matches, support means being there through thick and thin,whoever the chairman is,whatever the ground situation is.Support for a club is unwavering and unconditional, everyone knows that CH does not run the club well but by not going it is penalising the TEAM which without we wouldn't have a club to support. The complaint that money goes into CH's pocket is crazy, it goes to pay the rent at Stalybridge,players wages etc. On the money we get through the gate I doubt CH could afford a mars bar out of the income never mind the thousands people think he is pocketing from the club. Be interesting to see if anybody could do better (playing staff wise,not the general running) on the current income level we achieve- I doubt it. Yes of course CH should let investment into the club and progress it,the fact is he hasn't and doesn't look like doing so anytime soon. Sad but true. It will be an awesome day allegedly when CH goes and Oldhams crowds rise to 6000 overnight and we can spend 1.4 m on the salary cap. According to the stayaways this is what will happen, oh really? Sure I just saw a pig fly. I understand the frustrations of the group of people who went to see him,and agree the way CH has handled it is wrong. All I'm saying is if people really care about supporting this TEAM and showing the world of RL that Oldham RLFC are still up there with the perceivably bigger clubs in the Champ then turn up and stop bothering about the running of the club. The team need the support,at the end of the day as a supporter,would you rather we went down this season,return to Whitebank and probably fold. Or stay in the Championship at a decent ground and potentially progress? Just my opinion of course.

I would have been there if I wasn't lied to my face.

That's it simple, I'm entitled to support the team my great uncle lifted the challenge cup is in the hall of fame my grandad was on the committee in the 50s and 60s

I have been to most games since 1980 therefore I invested thousands in the defunct club and the new club

I am sorry you don't consider this as being a true supporter

If I'm paying money I don't think the owner should deceive it's customers in any other walk of life that would be investigated

Point is you are not supporting the team! You have been lied to by CH and as I say that's wrong. You can't support the "team" from your armchair. You follow the team not support it,a true supporter goes to matches no matter what.Its a shame that your personal experience with the chairman has resulted in you not attending matches,I respect your decision as I do of the others who don't attend,but as I said previously I couldn't really care less if Marwan,Glazer,whoever was chairman I would still pay my money week in,week out to support the players and coaching staff.

I go to watch the team and club I love regardless who is in charge, I want to watch oldham rugby league every week, I don't feel the need to come on here bleating about not going cos of ch or the ground or whatever, if you don't want to go that's your choice but don't criticise those that do

Totally agree CCR I choose to go and support my team, not CH or anyone else. We all have the option to go or not go. Just because you have stopped doesn't give you the right to abuse those who have stayed loyal to the team. This has been one of the best seasons in my 50+ years of watching the yeds and it's shame some are missing out but that's their choice and I respect that. I also respect those who have sincerely tried to advance the club and i'm sorry that they have been let down. But i'll continue to follow my team thank you very much. 

Archived