Swinton

Supporter

Latest News and Star information:

Possible Bad News for Sunday:

Jack Murphy - (Bad dead leg) very doubtful for this weekend

Marc Shackley - ( Hyper- extended his elbow) will struggle to make it this weekend

Tee Ritson - awaiting assessment this week

Bad news - Players almost certainly out for the rest of the Season:

Chris Murphy

Jarrad Stack

Sam Forrester

Latu Fifita

Brett Carter

Good News (possibly):

The Coach is actively seeking loan players and expects to have one for the Swinton game.

Finally: Tom Grant is the ref. for Sunday.

Well I never......who could possibly have foreseen this.... oh yeh of course we're "always on the lookout for players". Might as well switch the lights off.

I'll go Sunday while there is the faintest glimmer but may well be my last

Well I never......who could possibly have foreseen this.... oh yeh of course we're "always on the lookout for players". Might as well switch the lights off.

I'll go Sunday while there is the faintest glimmer but may well be my last

Yep, at the end of the season the excuse will be we were relegated due to injury crisis at various times in the season and all of the rubbish decisions and awful management will be swept under the carpet.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Time to be positive, Town are at their best when their backs are to the wall!

At the moment we have a fit squad of eighteen:

Jarrod Sammut

Kris Coward

Dec Hulme

Brett Phillips

Jason Mossop

Perry Whiteley

Liam McAvoy

Callum Phillips

Tom Walker

Jamie Doran

Carl Forber

Matt Gee

Karl Olstrum

Steve Scholey

Alex Szostak

Ryan Verlinden

Graeme Mattinson

Oliver Gordon

If injuries don't recover, if a loan player doesn't arrive, I am sure the above lads will do us proud!

Jarrod Sammut

Kris Coward

Dec Hulme

Brett Phillips

Jason Mossop

Perry Whiteley

Liam McAvoy

Callum Phillips

Tom Walker

Jamie Doran

Carl Forber

Matt Gee

Karl Olstrum

Steve Scholey

Alex Szostak

Ryan Verlinden

Graeme Mattinson

Oliver Gordon

If injuries don't recover, if a loan player doesn't arrive, I am sure the above lads will do us proud!

I wish I had your optimism. We have become a team that doesn't know how to win. We get into winning positions and manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope we can dig ourselves out of the hole we are in, but I am not sure we can. Losing becomes a habit, confidence ebbs away, its a hard thing to turn around. We managed it last season because Sammut came in (exactly a year ago this week) and gave everyone a boost but its difficult to see where that boost will come from this season.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Jarrod Sammut

Kris Coward

Dec Hulme

Brett Phillips

Jason Mossop

Perry Whiteley

Liam McAvoy

Callum Phillips

Tom Walker

Jamie Doran

Carl Forber

Matt Gee

Karl Olstrum

Steve Scholey

Alex Szostak

Ryan Verlinden

Graeme Mattinson

Oliver Gordon

The lads will give it their all I'm sure, as always. (But even that probably won't be enough to save us)

Unfortunately it's the BOD that have let us down.

The lads will give it their all I'm sure, as always. (But even that probably won't be enough to save us)

I dont Agree or Disagree with what you are saying but can you elaborate?

Have we actually had a "full" quad to pick from this year?

This is depressing as F, i still believe we can stay up, defeat this weekend may just end any hope!

I'll be there next year whatever division we are in!

Up The Town!

Unfortunately that's a consequence of spending too much on too few.

Our smaller unbalanced squad is now paper thin with not enough backs which was always the case when we loaded up with props.

I dont Agree or Disagree with what you are saying but can you elaborate?

Have we actually had a "full" quad to pick from this year?

This is depressing as F, i still believe we can stay up, defeat this weekend may just end any hope!

I'll be there next year whatever division we are in!

Up The Town!

My post was probably more of a dig at how we've gone backwards as a club (My opinion) one quote that I think sums up a lit of people's feelings was from this forum not so long back and went something like "If the club doesn't care about me why should I care about the club?"

I agree we've had bad luck with injuries, but still not 100% convinced we had a good enough squad to start with.

Jarrod Sammut

Kris Coward

Dec Hulme

Brett Phillips

Jason Mossop

Perry Whiteley

Liam McAvoy

Callum Phillips

Tom Walker

Jamie Doran

Carl Forber

Matt Gee

Karl Olstrum

Steve Scholey

Alex Szostak

Ryan Verlinden

Graeme Mattinson

Oliver Gordon

Hasn't Walker got a groin injury ? Mattinson came off with 10 mins to go limping on Sunday and I'm not to sure how fit Alex is , hes certainly had his share of injury and is a shadow of his former self  . On a positive note , both your Aussie props are playing really well at them moment, Gordon was outstanding on Sunday and whilst stood with my leigh friends they were well impressed. Mr Verlinden is a bloody handful and if he can start to get an offload away and someone get up and support him it will damage teams, Need some outside back quickly , it such a shame when the two young lads get their chance they both only last a week each, Ritson should be okay for this week , the contact didn't look that bad 

Hasn't Walker got a groin injury ? Mattinson came off with 10 mins to go limping on Sunday and I'm not to sure how fit Alex is , hes certainly had his share of injury and is a shadow of his former self  . On a positive note , both your Aussie props are playing really well at them moment, Gordon was outstanding on Sunday and whilst stood with my leigh friends they were well impressed. Mr Verlinden is a bloody handful and if he can start to get an offload away and someone get up and support him it will damage teams, Need some outside back quickly , it such a shame when the two young lads get their chance they both only last a week each, Ritson should be okay for this week , the contact didn't look that bad 

if ritson is ok for sunday then i'd have mossop and hulme on the wings and ritson at full back then he can be backing up sammut if he breaks or opens gaps  in the line but only if he can run , is it a leg injury ?

if ritson is ok for sunday then i'd have mossop and hulme on the wings and ritson at full back then he can be backing up sammut if he breaks or opens gaps in the line but only if he can run , is it a leg injury ?

well have 2 wingers for sunday so them 2 can stay at centre.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

My post was probably more of a dig at how we've gone backwards as a club (My opinion) one quote that I think sums up a lit of people's feelings was from this forum not so long back and went something like "If the club doesn't care about me why should I care about the club?"

I agree we've had bad luck with injuries, but still not 100% convinced we had a good enough squad to start with.

Fair shout mate, I actually agree with the statement

"if the club dont care about us why should we care about the club"

But i will never stop going to watch and support Town.

I was thinking if the loan back is a centre ? then use him with whiteley on the other centre

hes a winger mate, should be available for sunday.

... Mr Verlinden is a bloody handful and if he can start to get an offload away and someone get up and support him it will damage teams,

I wondered that too, I have never seen him offload. Maybe under instruction? But he does look the part now and is tying in a lot of defenders and causing heaps of problems. Good to see.

How did Callum Philips play at Leigh? Isn't on the pitch enough for me though he doesn't seem his normal dynamic self at present -  More instruction or just sick of getting his block knocked off ?

Haha, call me mystic wonky. Looks like jp will be back in a town top on sunday. Cant understand why we didnt put more effort to get him signed on after his efforts last year, thought it was his best spell with town and certainly knows where the try line is. Not sure on sammut at full back though, looks like hulme will get the nod there. Jp outside perry would be some size and strength to stop for swinton.

Archived