Bradford Going under?

Sad news if true........I wonder what they needed this season?   Would a middle 8s campaign and a big money spinner tie with leeds have been enough or were they needing promotion or bust?

One thing for sure is if they have spent £1m plus on that squad whoever is in charge of recruitment needs a good shake.

For all those fans who turned up in bigs numbers for the last 2 years at rovers and supported their teams so well i hope this sorts itself out.

As for Fev we seem to have a habit of paying late and this is probably a symptom of our cashflow issues this year.......i'm not too worried out the new WUP now we've managed to get into the middle 8s.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

The only report so far seems to be a tweet from a radio station that has now been deleted (I think anyway, I can't see it any longer)

If it's true then that is probably that, and any remaining goodwill from the fans is gone. I said a few weeks ago if anyone at the club was banking on a Top 4 finish to see the club right it was very foolish. Remains to be seen what the truth of the matter is though, so powder dry for now

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

So despite the fact the championship has been great on the pitch. Is there a danger that the loosening of the SC has put more clubs on the edge in an attempt to keep up?.

I can't see anyone other than Leigh Toulouse and Toronto spending any more than usual next season..........unless you've got rich backers their just isn't enough money outside SL.

I reckon Fev will make more from the Bradford and following Middle 8 games against Leeds, Leigh and Hull Kr that they did at home for all our previous games.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

I reckon Fev will make more from the Bradford and following Middle 8 games against Leeds, Leigh and Hull Kr that they did at home for all our previous games.

But the governing body should NOT have allowed Featherstone Select to make loan signings,or have players registered as they should have been in 'Special Measures.'

Featherstone have failed to pay out what they should have paid out and yet the governing body allow them to reap their financial reward for finishing in the Top 4.

Only in rugby league...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

If this is true, and at this stage it's a big IF, and there have been things going on behind the scenes that we have not been privy to, it could explain the state of mind of the players and their lacklustre performances of late. Because apart from a couple of good wins against very poor opposition, something just doesn't seem to be right with the players, they just don't seem to want to play for each other.

The Last accounts Bradford submitted they lost £680k!!! This was there financial year ending 2014, they haven't submitted there accounts for 2015 and have until end Aug to do so. This is never a good sign submitting accounts so late. 

Not good.

This may or may not be relevant, but as I understand it, Marc Green's business is Safeguard Security Group Ltd?  According to the latest Annual Return (9/2/16) it was jointly owned by Marc Green and his wife.

He (and various others) resigned from the board in March.  Various changes since.  I have seen references to recent "change of owneship" on an employee review site.

7 June, it was Gazetted for striking off.

16 June, went into liquidation.  Assets about £80k.  Debts just over £4m, mostly due to HMRC.

Make of that what you will. 

Edit - I wrongly said "Safeguard Security Systems Ltd" - now corrected.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

The Last accounts Bradford submitted they lost £680k!!! This was there financial year ending 2014, they haven't submitted there accounts for 2015 and have until end Aug to do so. This is never a good sign submitting accounts so late. 

Not good.

Most private companies do not submit accounts until close to the deadline. Ones who file early usually do it for a reason, or because they show a good picture, or because they want the latest info for the credit agencies etc to access. Or because they just think it is appropriate to do so. You can't (necessarily) read anything into a company leaving filing till close to the deadline.  One tghe deadline has passed, then totally different story and you DO worry.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

This may or may not be relevant, but as I understand it, Marc Green's business is Safeguard Security Systems Ltd?  According to the latest Annual Return (9/2/16) it was jointly owned by Marc Green and his wife.

He (and various others) resigned from the board in March.  Various changes since.  I have seen references to recent "change of owneship" on an employee review site.

16 June, went into liquidation.  Assets about £80k.  Debts just over £4m, mostly due to HMRC.

In other words, He won't have any money to put in. 

But the governing body should NOT have allowed Featherstone Select to make loan signings,or have players registered as they should have been in 'Special Measures.'

Featherstone have failed to pay out what they should have paid out and yet the governing body allow them to reap their financial reward for finishing in the Top 4.

Only in rugby league...

I seem to remember Batley being prevented from signing players over an unpaid tax bill which was for a small amount and subject to agreed plan with HMRC and which was up to date with no missed or late payments

This may or may not be relevant, but as I understand it, Marc Green's business is Safeguard Security Systems Ltd?  According to the latest Annual Return (9/2/16) it was jointly owned by Marc Green and his wife.

Interesting and makes things even more intriguing

I seem to remember Batley being prevented from signing players over an unpaid tax bill which was for a small amount and subject to agreed plan with HMRC and which was up to date with no missed or late payments

Yea.Back in 2010.

Things have been tightened up since then to prevent clubs causing HMRC any problems and having the sport reflected in a bad light. :tongue:

http://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/rfl-tax-bombshell-for-bulldogs/

Wherever I look in rugby league there is consistency.There is definitely no favouritism.

Derwent has posted some information on the Bulls forum on rlfans.

Seems like the company owned by Green is in huge trouble.Gone.

I can't think why Solly did a runner.

Excellent appointment.

This is really kicking Bradford fans when they are down.

Derwent has posted some information on the Bulls forum on rlfans.

Seems like the company owned by Green is in huge trouble.Gone.

I can't think why Solly did a runner.

Excellent appointment.

This is really kicking Bradford fans when they are down.

See my post earlier on previous page for the same information (from the same source - Companies House).

See also that I made the point that Green resigned as a director, and MAY have sold the business, before this happened. Similar hapened with another of his companies earlier in the year. So not enough info to determine what impact (if indeed any) this might have on the Bulls, and therefore your last statement might be premature or even wrong.

But I can fully understand people joining the dots and seeing a picture. And not a pretty one.

See my post earlier on previous page for the same information (from the same source - Companies House).

See also that I made the point that Green resigned as a director, and MAY have sold the business, before this happened. Similar hapened with another of his companies earlier in the year. So not enough info to determine what impact (if indeed any) this might have on the Bulls, and therefore your last statement might be premature or even wrong.

But I can fully understand people joining the dots and seeing a picture. And not a pretty one.

Adey, does he have a wide range of business interests?

Archived