Haven

The Roughyeds Wispa

Why not follow it on your own club's twitter account?

As i have already stated on here, many a fan does not use twitter, facebook etc etc etc ........ In communications I would have thought that you always have to play to the lowest persons standard, or your message will not get through ....... I gave up at half time trying to keep track of the scores, I usually use the "flash score" app which is usually pretty good for 30 or 40 different sports, but even that was not good today as it gave score as 14-12 just before HT .........

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

As i have already stated on here, many a fan does not use twitter, facebook etc etc etc ........ In communications I would have thought that you always have to play to the lowest persons standard, or your message will not get through ....... I gave up at half time trying to keep track of the scores, I usually use the "flash score" app which is usually pretty good for 30 or 40 different sports, but even that was not good today as it gave score as 14-12 just before HT .........

But you don't have to be signed in or a registered user, l am not. l just searched for Oldham rlfc twitter and followed scores on there.

It does seem odd though in this day and age that there is no obvious way to follow the scores in a match despite the available technology.

Just got back.  Daft time of day to stage a RL match if you ask me.  

Oldham started well, scored a try and then failed to build on it.  Whitehaven bucked their ideas up and their defence was solid.   They scored two tries in the first half, the first a case of them throwing the ball around until someone found a gap, the second seemed like a half chance and then an Oldham player slipped (Lepori I think) and the Whitehaven player was gone.

Second half was a tale of two defences and a few dust-ups.  Oldham had their chances, a Danny Grimshaw break should have resulted in a try but the pass to his left as he was about to be tackled was caught by a Haven player and that was that.

Referee did us no favours and Middlehurst was sin binned near the end.  It was all getting a bit nasty at stages.

Langers went off with an injury to his leg, maybe his ankle.  He wasn't putting any weight on it.

Scott Naylor didn't look happy at the hooter and chased after the referee as the players left the park.

After the Lord Mayor's Parade?  Probably.

BKMEE7.jpg

Why not follow it on your own club's twitter account?

The Oldham Twitter account is very good during games.   I was also trying to tweet scores etc for previous games but there's no point since the Oldham account does it admirably.

It's really easy to follow the account, just got to https://twitter.com/roughyeds and there you have it, a live updating score system.  

On my Dare to be Wise site I have a page called Game Day.  It's a feed of a similarly named Twitter List I run.  It always features the official Oldham account, the official account of whoever we're following and then myself and a few other significant Oldham accounts.

https://daretobewise.uk/game-day

The lads didn't seem quite on their game today. Had some great opportunities to score that were not taken. Whitehaven took their tries well. Kicking game was disappointing, i thought we had turned a corner in that area of the game. Ref was a joke and lost control near the end. Middlehurst sin binned, Whitehaven player openly throws a punch and stays on the pitch! Not our day. 

Can't comment on the ref at Whitehaven, wasn't there. But I think the general standard of officiating at our level is poor.I think the RFL should try and get more ex players to referee games.Even if they were amateurs, they have played the game and know what's going on.Jamie Bloem is the only ex player I can think of who referees.I also think that players would respect an ex player a bit more because they have already been there. Well that's my take on it anyway. The thought of any player openly throwing a punch and getting away with it beggers belief,absolutely disgusting.

Can't blame the ref for this loss last night. We blew two good chances in the first half, and in the second , we were camped on their line, their resolute defence worked wonders keeping us out, even when it looked like Middlehurst was getting over the line. A superb last ditch tackling kept him out as he tried to twist and get the ball down. Roper ran the game well, but the team lacked ideas in that 2nd half on how to open up a locked Haven defence.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys played it tough and were very good as were swinton when they came up, ref turley was a absolute joke as always and spoiled when he could, dont be too down though as you were two passes from winning the game, think people take us lower teams for granted as look at london top of the league and we should have beat them last week,player who stood out for me was your winger clay big lad him took some stopping

Agree with Havenite amongst others, always a tough place to go. No excuses from me for a fairly unimaginative display really, we lacked a bit of guile to break Havens defence, Turley was terrible for both sides,when Middlehurst was sin binned-Parker should have had the same even a red for the blatent punch he threw, the excuse i heard for no action from the official was that the punch didnt connect but thats ok then lol! Biggest problem we face and even more so now with Langers out is we are very thin on numbers, players out of position,no cover in the backs at the minute.When we can pick from a full side we should be ok, at the moment its a very patched up side,doing it tough. The lads gave 100% but unfortunately after all the heroics it was probably a game to far for us with a busted squad.Good Job we had the DR lads in the squad or else we would have gone with only 16 fit players. Hopefully the injuries clear soon and we can get back to a balanced side. Never mind, we go again this weekend in another important game.Up the Yeds!

I agree Turley was poor he gave you lot everything. Middlehurst was lucky to be on the field when he gave Jessie that bad high tackle. He should've been in the bin for a late shoulder charger on the kicker.

Havenite13 ....Two passes from winning the game?

I agree Turley was poor he gave you lot everything. Middlehurst was lucky to be on the field when he gave Jessie that bad high tackle. He should've been in the bin for a late shoulder charger on the kicker.

Not so sure we watched the same game. Both teams were guilty of some debatable tackling from very early on. Very lucky for Parker he didn't connect with his punch. He would be facing quite a charge. A stronger ref would have sent Parker off.  

Check the penalty count Haven 10, gave us everything haha! He was poor both ways but Parker should've walked. I think Middlehurst would have been binned earlier if the kicker hadn't done an impersonation of a footballer. Things got out of hand because of poor refereeing but Haven were the best team on the day. Hope we close the gap quickly. 

Archived