LEIGH predictions

town4me

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking more and more like a Town side with no team spirit and little pride. I've seen a lot of under-strength Town outfits over the years who had little chance of winning but at least we gave it a bit of biff and gave the opposition a few bruises while they thrashed us. At this rate Good Friday is going to need a resurrection of Biblical proportions. 

Could be whatever score it wants to be for me. No interest in th CC at all. All focus on next week

getting 60-70 points on us is disgraceful against a team in our league whatever the competetion is. This is a leigh side that are nt exactly blowing teams away this year and the 2 teams confidence ahead of next friday is massive. After this they couldnt be any further apart.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

With players asking to be released back to the amateurs it makes you wonder if there's trouble in the camp!

Do you think Vevers has lost the dressing room?

Maybe a couple of games too early to press the panic button but the signs don't look too good at present

if we lose next week decisions have to be made.

Id say he definitely has

Leigh will no doubt let up now but it's same old - major questions need to be asked of veivers - results - recruitment - improvement -

I certainly didn't expect to win tonight but jeez you expect to be competitive for at least 60 mins

Feel sorry for anyone who has gone

if you mean a change of coach then would anyone else do anything better with a small squad that is suffering with long term injuries.

maybe someone with a bit more enthusiasm for attacking rugby. And who might be able to attract players to play for us. On the last 2 years phil has neither.

maybe someone with a bit more enthusiasm for attacking rugby. And who might be able to attract players to play for us. On the last 2 years phil has neither.

its been said on here there is no coffers in the pot for new players.

Yep, like I said a couple of weeks ago the coach stands or falls by his results and Phils have been pretty dismal this season , think somethings got to happen down there don't know if it's all his fault , the directors, or the squad who are just not up to standard in this league apart from the obvious one or two but the way things are shaping up without any change its looking bleak.

Why are we under strength seaton ? Who's missing ?

We've been lacking bodies since the start of the season. We made no adjustment for having no d.r. On top of shedding lads like Duerdon, Akehurst and-above all Miller we've brought nobody in except 2 Aussie props to make up for the disaster that was Fifita/Horton. (one of them presumably still on full wages )In the meantime supposedly potless outfits like Barrow can not only sign a couple of quality players including Dallimore ,but manage to run an Academy side as well. So in answer to your question I would say at least 4 decent players-- especially outside backs. - I'd settle for a Vinnie Fawcett or a Tony Kay. We lack size and speed on the edge and have no option but to play 2 fullbacks-- Tee and Sam out of position. 

Archived