Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Dewsbury Sunday 6th March 2016

marklaspalmas

Will Milner,Sam Day and a couple of others with 1st team experience in the reserve team for tonight's match at Keighley, Rovers won 42-22.

Top link the Rovers team second link the match report.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/48855/reserves-in-action-tonight

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/48863/reserves-get-off-to-winning

Will Milner,Sam Day and a couple of others with 1st team experience in the reserve team for tonight's match at Keighley, Rovers won 42-22.

Top link the Rovers team second link the match report.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/48855/reserves-in-action-tonight

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/48863/reserves-get-off-to-winning

Milner Day Cooper & Coventry.

In the match report for xx-xx as the final score, read 42-22

Great to see Andy Ellis back in the squad.

Featherstone Rovers 19 man squad
21 Bradley Tagg, 1 Danny Craven, 2 Kyran Johnson, 18 Jamie Cording, 3 Michael Channing, 17 Jack Ormondroyd, 5 Scott Turner, 12 John Davies, 15 Ian Hardman, 8 Darrell Griffin, 7 Anthony Thackeray, 16 Colton Roche, DR Jordan Baldwinson, 6 Kyle Briggs, 20 Luke Cooper, 14 Will Milner, 23 Andy Ellis, 10 Andy Bostock, 4 Misi Taulapapa

But no Tim Spears there. I assume he's picked up a knock but Ive not heard owt.

Spears didnt play any of second half last week so a knock may be accurate

Baldwinson also on leeds bench announced for tonights game v hudds so thats someone else probably coming in in his place even if its just a squad place

Spears didnt play any of second half last week so a knock may be accurate

Baldwinson also on leeds bench announced for tonights game v hudds so thats someone else probably coming in in his place even if its just a squad place

Yes. Achurch is not in the Leeds 17. Perhaps he'll be over?

Yes, Just noticed that achurch not there - hopefully he can make it across as he has done well for us in his games so far - unless he is injured

Achurch is an interesting player beyond the DR situation, his 4-year contract with Leeds ends this year and it's hard to see him being offered an extension, but although he's an Aussie he has just opened up a gym in partnership with Ian Kirke so who knows, if he doesn't get offered another SL gig maybe he might consider a semi-pro contract in the Championship.

Worst 1st half an hour of the season, 2 or 3 shocking decisions from him in the middle, but great spirit to snatch the win in the end. Credit to Dewsbury they got in our faces and made it difficult for the half's to create anything. We need Ellis fully fit and doing a big stint and craven at 1 for our attacking options. Only problems slotting hardman in, been quality.

Couldn't understand the penalty given against us near the end. The ball from where I was standing didn't seem to go 10 yards from the kick off. Penalty to us I thought but the penalty was given to Dewsbury. Can any body explain why to my old eyes? If that had been kicked I would have been really p...d off.

The ball has to travel ten.

If the receiving team takes the ball inside the ten.... as jamie did, it's a penalty from the centre spot.

If cording had left it and the ball failed to travel ten. ... We would have got the penalty

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Lost count of the amount of times iv seen that in amateur, you can guarantee if the ball doesnt go ten from the kick of in amateur some numpty will always run and collect the ball not knowing the rules because they are stupid, 1st time iv seen it at pro though

That pass from Ellis to Briggs to score was out of the top drawer. Once he is up to speed who knows ?

Our fitness won us the match, after a ###### first half. The amateur man in middle was an absolute disgrace. Supporters should not have to put up which this kind of tripe having paid good money to watch the match .

Lost count of the amount of times iv seen that in amateur, you can guarantee if the ball doesnt go ten from the kick of in amateur some numpty will always run and collect the ball not knowing the rules because they are stupid, 1st time iv seen it at pro though

i've seen it a few times mate, it's just a brainfart. good job their kicker can't kick or it would have been up there with ainscough

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Rascal....

:tongue:

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Archived