Barrow Raiders v Rochdale Hornets

Peter Moon

Your pictures gone, what I want to know is why is it so quiet on here, I think we have the best squad for years on the field, and the worst squad for years on here, come on the Raiders.

Big day today. A win is vital,if we are to push for promotion.

I know a lot of people see this as the league of death but when promotion does come (and it will) it has to be sustainable.

If we can put on a good performance it might persuade more fans to turn out. That will be the key to building a squad that can compete at the next level.

I'm recovering from an eye op so I can't make it today but I will be listening in.

C'mon you Raiders !!!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I'm recovering from an eye op so I can't make it today but I will be listening in.

Is that why you can't see the problems with Canada?   (sorry Ron couldn't help myself)  :tongue:

Easy one to sum up, yet again too many mistakes and penalties in what was an ill-tempered game, Rochdale were simply the better side and although we had a lot of possession in their half for a large part of the 2nd stanza we never really looked like we could score, Rochdale's defence was more than up to the task.  Back to the drawing board!

Attendance well down, only about 750

Put simply - not good enough and not acceptable.

With the players we have we should not be witnessing  performances like this.

Once again they appeared rudderless, prone to giving away the same stupid penalties, lacked confidence, lacked the basic skills and played without any structure.

The ref., weather or pitch cannot be used as an excuse.

like I said in another thread we have gone backwards since the Hunslet victory (Alias said it was utter tosh me saying that !!!)

We wouldn't be able to score if we were still playing now ...........we didnt have the guile or skills to break a very good Hornets defence.

I don't know what the answer is to be honest.... maybe a fit Cammy could unlock defences but we need something to change and fast!!

Were Dan Abram and Bruie rested yesterday or are they injured?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I agree with SJD, Rochdale were the better side, in that they made less mistakes, and a good defence. I would like to ask a question that has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but is part of a rule I do not understand, If a player charges down a kick, and the ball is caught by a teammate in front of him, is this not offside?

We were awful, we dropped every ball, what is crarey doing at training? The big money boys Wilkes, aspinwall and that joke of a fullback on the big money whatever his name is were awful! If you want me to enjoy this week then sort yourselves out, I've had to pretend I'm ill to avoid having my other daughter this weekend so if we are awful again against York then I will not be coming again and not spending my hard earned benefit money on a season ticket next season, you can forget it!!

Archived