Bridge out for the season

Personally I just hope that by season they were referring to the 8 week period and that he may be back for the playoffs.

Yep - that'd be great for the lad

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad that an injury is the source of such poor bickering

For any player to have an injury that puts them out for the season is awful for them - I hope he comes back big and strong in time for selection against them there Antipodeans.

Exactly and I apologise if I gave off any impression to the contrary. And can I just say, I'm not proud - I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong as Bridge runs in his fourth try in the Four Nations final.

People called Romans they go the house

Very true, the evans twins will not be far off.

forget the burgess twins (where are they now?????)

Wires future is bright......yesterday the new golden age of Warrington beat leeds U20's 94 - 6

now thats a BRIGHT future

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you will find half of the Leeds second team actual played and beat Warringtons first team yesterday !!!

I feel that could be the reason.

Shenton did alright yesterday. :dry: I think he's a right centre, definitely remember seeing him score 2 of his tries on the right hand side.

Michael Platt?! ;)

Can't Sykes play at centre, although Eric Sykes could probably do a better job.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Personally don't see where Gleeson has put himself back in contention - decent defensively but ain't been pulling up any trees in attack all season.

Maybe, but when you look at the list of 3's he would still have to be near the top.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you will find half of the Leeds second team actual played and beat Warringtons first team yesterday !!!

I feel that could be the reason.

I've seen and heard it said many times today half of Leeds' second team was playing for the first team. Apart from 3 youngsters on the bench who are all these second teamers?

Smith, Donald, Delaney, Senior, Hall, Sinfield, McGuire, Bailey, Buderus, Peacock, Eastwood, Jones-Buchanan, Ablett.

Replacements: Kirke, Pitts, Ambler, McShane

Quite a few. You are quite right that it is important to pick with form and also players that play there for their clubs, but I would put several ahead of Bridge in terms of talent.

I would like to see Pryce play at centre, but I'm not sure that he can do that effectively if he's not doing that for his club - I still feel it's his best position. Likewise Joel Tomkins, who looks to have all the necessary attributes, but I see Wigan fans feel he should stay in the second row.

I might be a minority, but I really like Clubb at Quins and I think that Lee Smith is a better option than Bridge (as I'm sure would be Callum Watkins) - especially if Widdop is going to be full-back. Add in Gleeson and the fact centre is meant to be Tom Briscoe's best position and I think Bridge should be quite a way from the team.

Also, the fact that he originally chose Ireland should rule him out of selection permanently.

and there your arguement loses any credibility, does anybody bother to look at stats Bridge probably makes more breaks per game than any other centre in SL.

Quite a few. You are quite right that it is important to pick with form and also players that play there for their clubs, but I would put several ahead of Bridge in terms of talent.

I would like to see Pryce play at centre, but I'm not sure that he can do that effectively if he's not doing that for his club - I still feel it's his best position. Likewise Joel Tomkins, who looks to have all the necessary attributes, but I see Wigan fans feel he should stay in the second row.

I might be a minority, but I really like Clubb at Quins and I think that Lee Smith is a better option than Bridge (as I'm sure would be Callum Watkins) - especially if Widdop is going to be full-back. Add in Gleeson and the fact centre is meant to be Tom Briscoe's best position and I think Bridge should be quite a way from the team.

Also, the fact that he originally chose Ireland should rule him out of selection permanently.

I have nothing against Clubb apart from the fact that he is never going to be international class, at centre or in any position you care to name.

And as for Lee Smith!

How much of a memory span do you have?

The very same Lee Smith was exposed thoroughly and utterly as a non-centre, at R/L anyway in the Four Nations comp last year.

He was the culprit that allowed the Aussies free rein on the right side of our defence with his complete inability to read in any shape or form, a defensive position each and every time that was required.

If you believe that Bridge is inferior to either of those two you name in the centre position, then its back to the drawing board for you I am afraid.

From a purely neutral standpoint, I think Bridge is one of the most improved players in Super League and, right now, the best British centre around!

Sam Tomkins apart, I thought he was England's best player in the recent international.

Did nobody see the way he created the try for Chris Hicks against the Rhinos...gathering a difficult ball before breaking the line and putting in an inch-perfect crossfield kick? That was pure class and beyond anything the likes of Shenton, Platt, Sykes, Atkins et al could ever dream about doing!

I think he will be a big miss in England's only real 'problem position' nowadays!

bump, just for the hell of it. :dry:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was sad to see that Chris Bridge is so badly injured that he will now miss the Quad Nations down under this year.

I for one have seen this guy improve so much since Tony Smith joined Warrington and his late entrance onto the international stage last year in the first Australia game really turned around his international career and put him on the map.

This season he has been simply sensational and i wondered who we think might replace him on the bus, have they emerged yet or might they still come through and put their hand up this season?

How is Yeamen going this year is he getting back to the form of 3 years ago?

Maybe Widdup might be used in that position with Paul Wellens coming back in at full back?

I don't really get the Gleeson argument at all to be honest, he is a shadow of the player that played for Great Britain and St Helens!! a Shadow!

Heres a name for the future and I am sorry but he is a Cas Player...........Joe Arundel, wow what potential this kid as got, watch this space!!

Edited by Outwoodtiger

Personally I think the position is up for grabs, I don't think anybody is a natural replacement (as has been seen by some of the players suggested).

As we saw last year, a few young lads came through and did a good job, and we shouldn;t be afraid of putting somebody in the deep end, whether that be Briscoe, Atkins or whoever.

in my oppinion these are much better players than the way over rated 6 penaltys a match bridge

michael shenton

leon pryce

karl pryce

kirk yeaman

kallum watkins

tony clubb

joe westerman would be an excellent centre

ryan atkins best centre at warrington.

He was actually born last Thursday.

You should've seen how he stepped the mid wife, you can't coach things like that.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

in my oppinion these are much better players than the way over rated 6 penaltys a match bridge

michael shenton

leon pryce

karl pryce

kirk yeaman

kallum watkins

tony clubb

ryan atkins best centre at warrington

That is quite possibly the most misguided, poorly informed post Ive seen this year. Well done.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

michael shenton

leon pryce

karl pryce

kirk yeaman

kallum watkins

tony clubb

:lol: I love posts like this.

You just show yourself up as a simpleton who can't count or understand the game. Last year he gave 14 in 23 gams, this year he has given 4 in 17. Hardly 6 a game, or anywhere near.

L Pryce has given 14 in 18 games this year

Edited by Dave T

michael shenton

leon pryce

karl pryce

kirk yeaman

kallum watkins

tony clubb

Heavens to murgatroyd...

How far is arundle away from the cas first team?

He's in the first team already, came on against Catalans a few weeks ago and made some scintillating runs in the left centre position, been talked about for a while due to how he has been playing for the Academy team, but he took his chance really well and played with great maturity considering his age.

Shenton can go if he wants because this guy looks the business!!

He's in the first team already, came on against Catalans a few weeks ago and made some scintillating runs in the left centre position, been talked about for a while due to how he has been playing for the Academy team, but he took his chance really well and played with great maturity considering his age.

Shenton can go if he wants because this guy looks the business!!

So you'd rather have a team with one good centre than two.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.