2016 Season Preview

RedAndGoldArmy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love him or loathe him, Feisal was adamant that Rovers could make a go of it in Super League on the simple basis that the Sky money exceeded the salary cap, and that Fev's outgoings would be far less than other clubs that have to pay rent and also pay people to do jobs that are covered by volunteers at Fev. He also believed that having maximum benefit from income streams rather than them going to landlords was important, and that good sponsors could easily outweigh lower crowds than other clubs. But he stressed that a club could easily get themselves into financial difficulty by trying to get there, or even trying to avoid the drop.

He sounded very credible when he said that, but went on to spoil it when he said he thought the new stands were a waste of money, even if they were largely labour free, and that the cash spent on materials should have gone to the playing budget(that was shortly before he left and the £60K rubber cheque for the new stands bounced). I switched off on that last statement but would love to believe the first bit was true.

If Feisal had the money behind him that we thought he had,I think we would have had a realistic chance of stepping up to the next level,As i stated in a previous post i think an investment of two million + is required and less than that we will always be playing catch up,Widnes, and Hull K.R.have proved that it is possible to move up to Super league and compete at a realistic level.The ideal starting point for FEV would be to get 1000 people or businesses to pay a one off payment of 2,000 pounds giving a starting point of two million for a 51% stake in the club.What is the best option paying extra tax to H.M.R.C. on profits or jumping on board with us and enjoying a rollercoaster ride and having a bit of fun with proper rugby league supporters.

Archived