Your thoughts on Squad number 25 next season

Bob Fowler

We are stuck with squad numbers but I had a thought and I would like to hear or read the thoughts of other fans.

This season has quite rightly been dedicated to Gareth Swift and his squad number has never been re- issued, this to many fans and players has been inspirational and has given the club a focus to aim for. Wigan use the number 18 shirt as a tribute to it's fans and do not issue that to a player.

I wondered if the club might think about not issuing the no. 25 shirt to a player next season, but dedicate it to the past players bo longer with us. Recently we lost Carl Dooler and before that Don Fox. This would then mean that should we lose past players then they can become part of our no. 25 squad. I'm not being macabre, I just feel that when we pay tribute to past players with a mark of respect, we could also carry the no.25 shirt as a tribute from the club and the fans.

You may well have other thoughts or ideas, I would ask for those thoughts, which you may or may not agree with, all ideas good and bad start somehwere so let's get the ball rolling.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Excellent idea Bob.

The 25 shirt should be 'retired' as a dedication to the past players and the 25 squad would be a fitting tribute to past servants of this great club.

It would be a squad no one wants to join, but that is the way life goes.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Top idea that Bob I am sure the BOD would back that.

Nice thought Bob. To extend that how about a Flat Commemorative Cap in blue and white to acknowledge deceased supporters who have contributed a lot to the club? People of the ilk of Norman Hodgson etc. It could be given to the family at awards night. Just a thought but it would be a nice acknowlegment.

Nice thought Bob. To extend that how about a Flat Commemorative Cap in blue and white to acknowledge deceased supporters who have contributed a lot to the club? People of the ilk of Norman Hodgson etc. It could be given to the family at awards night. Just a thought but it would be a nice acknowlegment.

Thanks for the replies and also the excellent suggestions, I believe that your idea is also a very good one Colin. If enough people are interested, I will put the thoughts to a board member to raise in their meetings.

I would also like to hear any objections not because I think you are wrong, but because we need to hear all fors and againsts.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.