20 Years Ago Today

marklaspalmas

WAS IT START OF THE SL AND THE SUMMER SEASON? Around that time was the Calder suggestion. We were doing Ok in the league but the French club and took our possible place in SL.

1st game for fev in SL era vs Rochdale?

Correcto.

Our first ever game of summer rugby. Played on Sunday evening at 6pm. Rovers beat Rochdale 33-24.

Ive still got the programme. Roy Powell on the front cover.

Check out the Rovers try scorers: Tony Miller, Neil Roebuck, Eddie Rombo and Simon Tuffs.

Who kicked the goals?

wow, time flies Mark, great question. coincides also with my own fun stuff/fev games pick. I believe we beat Leeds in a cup game 16-18? with PeeWee kicking a touchline conversion at the death. Cannot recall the year or match, but can recall going into school next day and sitting smugly in form class among a couple of Leeds fans. :tongue: I was a big fan of Martin in his time at the club.

wow, time flies Mark, great question. coincides also with my own fun stuff/fev games pick. I believe we beat Leeds in a cup game 16-18? with PeeWee kicking a touchline conversion at the death. Cannot recall the year or match, but can recall going into school next day and sitting smugly in form class among a couple of Leeds fans. :tongue: I was a big fan of Martin in his time at the club.

oof! Great game. Remember it well. Was sitting right behind Peewee when he landed that late conversion. It was a league game. Sunday 14th October 1990. Alan Banks, Deryck Fox and Toots with the tries.

Talking of memories does anyone else remember how Eric Batten in his hey day used to use an unusual way of avoiding players tackles.

He used to jump over them!!!

Im Fev and im proud

Archived