What should the referee have done?

What should he have done?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Pick three - One for Radford, one for Bailey, and one for the penalty.

• Radford red
    • Radford yellow
    • Radford nothing
    • Bailey red
    • Bailey yellow
    • Bailey nothing
    • Penalty - Hull
    • Penalty - Leeds

I think the ref got it right. In most circumstances 2 yellows would have sufficed but I think the fact that Bailey wasn't fighting back and Radford looked like he had no desire to stop left the referee with no choice.

I'm not condoning Bailey for one second, and a fight is a fight but beating somebody up is bordering on assault.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrelevant on who was on the floor, it was a straight red

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Irrelevant on who was on the floor, it was a straight red

Disagree - we need a bit of biff in the game, ten minutes for both would've done to cool them off and then have them both sit out a game next week as necessary (see Fielden and Griffen).

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Both yellow, Ref should have seen the initial elbowing so penalty Hull.

Then Bailey taken outside and shot.Then Bailey suspended for previous.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Disagree - we need a bit of biff in the game, ten minutes for both would've done to cool them off and then have them both sit out a game next week as necessary (see Fielden and Griffen).

A bit of biff is one person on the floor getting repeatedly punched?

Fielden and Griffin was air punching, 10 mins to cool off

Radford was hitting a prone man and wasnt missing.

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Think he missed with his first two then got him with the third, IIRC.

Also, Bailey was trying to fight back, once everybody was keeping the pair of them apart.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If that is the case then was Wellens on McGoldrick last night along the same lines - two forearms to the head of a player on the floor after McGoldrick had thrown a few elbows in the tackle? Only a penalty was the result of that exchange. Same happened with Joel Tomkins on Friday, he reacted to a Bradford player with a knee to the head - again only a penalty. In light on those two incidents I think Smith was disproportionate - Bailey arguably deserved some punches for the elbows to the head that started it all off - it wasn't Radford's fault that he turtled like a coward and then tried to play the hard man after other players waded in.

Fielden and Griffen got a match apiece for the fighting and only Fielden was binned (Mason was the other player).

Edited by giwildgo

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Just can't image Jamie Peacock staying down on the floor in similar circumstances. Maybe Bailey stayed down because there wasn't anybody to hide behind?

Pfft, actually just watched this. There was sod all in it. Radford looked like he was swatting flies off Bailey. I don't think he even connected. The cut could have come from Bailey's reaction or the original tackle. I reckon the ref only sent him because they were still carrying on afterwards. Although how Bailey didn't at least get the bin after Radford got sent is a mystery. Bailey was carrying on like a dick (whoda thunk it?) and was fully willing to go on with. So I'd go both should have been binned.

I think the ref got it right. In most circumstances 2 yellows would have sufficed but I think the fact that Bailey wasn't fighting back and Radford looked like he had no desire to stop left the referee with no choice.

I'm not condoning Bailey for one second, and a fight is a fight but beating somebody up is bordering on assault.

if bailey wants to go round swinging the elbows and he caught radford what does expect to happen he caught him clean with 2 elbows both should have been yellow carded both of them and bailey got away with it again its a joke to super league. baileys been getting away with it for years just glad radford caught him then bailey chickened out like the wimp he is

If that is the case then was Wellens on McGoldrick last night along the same lines - two forearms to the head of a player on the floor after McGoldrick had thrown a few elbows in the tackle? Only a penalty was the result of that exchange. Same happened with Joel Tomkins on Friday, he reacted to a Bradford player with a knee to the head - again only a penalty. In light on those two incidents I think Smith was disproportionate - Bailey arguably deserved some punches for the elbows to the head that started it all off - it wasn't Radford's fault that he turtled like a coward and then tried to play the hard man after other players waded in.

Fielden and Griffen got a match apiece for the fighting and only Fielden was binned (Mason was the other player).

I would say Smith was right and the refs in your instances were disproportionate

So im guessing some Leeds fans are more than happy having a moron like Bailey in their side, who`s job seems to be to just wind up opposition players. Hes a cheap shot merchant, a coward and nasty with it, if he was someone like Peacock who likes a battle or two but will do it face to face and doesnt feel the need to do it slyly and sneakily then I wouldnt have a problem with him.

Bailey could have fought back. He just cowered into a ball instead. Notice how easily he got up when Radford was pulled away, and how quick he was to react when he realised Radford was restrained. He attempted to fight back then. He retaliated then. Was he punished? No.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Penalty for Hull because Bailey's elbowing was the first offence, yellow card for Radford because he needed time to cool down. Had Bailey only been guilty of the elbowing (which in itself was dangerous enough) I would've accepted a yellow card as adequate punishment but since he threw the head butt too I think he should've been sent off. Smith got the cards the wrong way round in my opinion.

I was never a massive fan of Radford when he was at the Bulls, but I've seen a clip of yesterday and if ever a bloke deserved a few punches its Ryan Bailey. Good on Radford, I now like him! Looking forward to watching the Super league Show later.

Bailey is a cheap shot merchant. End of. Happy to get a man when he cant defend himself, but not interested when its remotely fair odds.

Davies was funny in the commentry in the Semi and Final of CC as he obviously dislikes Bailey as much as most fans (incl. Leeds fans it would seem).

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Had to laugh at this that I received on Twitter:

Just about sums him up. :D

He said it live on air too, Griff, I stuck it in the match thread.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Smith was right, no question. Radford walked because he threw cowardly punches at a man getting off the floor with a ball in his hands in no position to defend himself. The pseudo-hardman cost Hull the game and will be kicking himself when Hull bite the dust against Rovers next week while he sits on the touchline following his ban. You've just got to laugh at the pr**k.

Smith was right, no question. Radford walked because he threw cowardly punches at a man getting off the floor with a ball in his hands in no position to defend himself. The pseudo-hardman cost Hull the game and will be kicking himself when Hull bite the dust against Rovers next week while he sits on the touchline following his ban. You've just got to laugh at the pr**k.

If there was no question, then why do more than half the people on this board think that Radford should have had a lesser punishment, and 9/10 think that Bailey should have had at least a yellow? And half also think that it should have even been Hull's penalty?

No question? Only if you're a blinkered Leeds fan that thinks they should be untouchable.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

If there was no question, then why do more than half the people on this board think that Radford should have had a lesser punishment, and 9/10 think that Bailey should have had at least a yellow? And half also think that it should have even been Hull's penalty?

No question? Only if you're a blinkered Leeds fan that thinks they should be untouchable.

It doesn't really matter what 9/10 on here think because 9/10 are talking complete bollards. The problem is that Ryan Bailey evokes such strong opinions that people don't think logically and start talking complete guff. The only opinion that matters is that of the disciplinary board and i'm sure they will back me, the referee and logical thinkers by banning your pretend "rocky" for one, hopefully two games. That will mean next weeks game and the first one of next season.