Emerging Blues Squad

13 man emerging blues squad has been announced.

The Trebojevic brothers are both in (though if one started for Australia I'm not sure how that works as 'emerging').

As is Joey Leilua, who I sincerely hope takes advantage of the new rules regarding Origin and the international game. Would be a massive loss for Samoa.

The Trebojevic brothers are both in (though if one started for Australia I'm not sure how that works as 'emerging').

As is Joey Leilua, who I sincerely hope takes advantage of the new rules regarding Origin and the international game. Would be a massive loss for Samoa.

I can't see why not. 

It would be a massive loss for Samoa and for the whole World Cup, given a weaker Samoa team would make the WC more predictable and less interesting. 

This is something I'd talk the "one life one nation" people about. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Dylan Walker & Alex Johnson both played for Australia before being deemed good enough to play for NSW (Johnson still hasn't played for NSW).

Like it of not it goes Win a premiership No1, play SOO No2, play for Australia No3, City Country a long distant No4 of importance in Australian RL.

City v country is gone after next year isn't it?

Yes that's correct, The new format replacing City-Country with a NSW cup including bush teams like Dubbo, Orange , Bathurst is a far better idea that I can see being very popular.

I'll explain it. Imagine Kevin Sinfield had signed with HKR a few years ago. They would have arranged an orientation process for him and other new recruits to get to know the club, the coaches and each other. They wouldn't have been making any claims about the relative merits of the various teams Sinfield had previously played in.

Anyone who has followed RL for any period will know that selections for various teams depend on a range of factors:

- the calendar: if the 4N had been held at the start of the year, Jake Trbojevic would not have played for OZ. It was his form throughout the whole season which got him on the trip. Ditto Shannon Boyd.

- injuries: if Josh Papalii hadn't pulled out at the last minute, Shannon Boyd/Jake Turbo would probably never have played for OZ. If the Morris twins hadn't had such-injury-ridden years, possibly Valentine Holmes wouldn't have played for OZ

- other issues: if there hadn't been off-field issues involving Radradra and Fifita, Holmes and Trbojevic/Boyd and Holmes probably wouldn't have played for OZ.

Archived