Meeting with CH - Update

Sorry that it has taken me this long to post something. I know many of you are keen to know the outcome of yesterday's meeting. I have been busy and remain so for most of the day.

Last night we met with Chris Hamilton and other representatives of the club. We had wide-ranging conversation focusing on many of the areas that are of concern to us all.

Those of us who attended will be looking at the minutes of the meeting and discussing the outcome with each other, and with the club, and hopefully with Rugby Oldham over the coming days. I hope that we can put out a statement before the end of the week which gives a clear and agreed idea of what was said, the commitments that were made and where we go from here.

Anyone who has read the forum will know that I have been one of CH's and the club's fiercest critics, particularly on stadium/supporter facilities. You will also know that I and others who attended last night have called for supporter ownership of the club, perhaps through Rugby Oldham.

You will be pleased to know that these key issues along with communication & marketing and the club's overall financial position were all discussed in an an open and frank manner.

I still have some points of difference with the club's position, but I genuinely believe after last night we have some common interest and a decent platform. There is potential for big change in the coming months.

I commit that either myself or one of the other guys who attended will publish some key headlines, commitments and actions from the meeting before the end of the week, both in this forum and through the club's channels.

I would also like to point out that neither I nor any of the guys who attended the meeting have any vested interest in the club other than we are supporters. Oldhamers. We do not claim to have been to every game since 1955 or to have a particular business insight. We do not claim to be representative of every supporter, or leaders of any group. We're not looking to be heroes or villains. We just got fed up of moaning about it and hearing everyone else moaning about it and decided to try and do something about it, and try and make sure we had a few different ideas in the room. That's all.

From an independent supporter point of view, we are happy for any other supporters to get involved. We just have to realise that we've got this far by acting in a professional and concerted manner. Rabble rousing, insults and/or splitting into different factions is a sure route to failure.

Can i say thank you for doing something and taking the bull by the horns. I'm pleased it went well and look forward to hearing more when you have had chance to chat things through. And i'm glad the meeting seems to have been held in an amicable atmosphere. We all want the same thing and that is for the club to move forward. Encouraging start.

I also thank you for your and the other participants efforts as you say without any vested interest. I hope you are able to continue your level headed approach, yours seems to me to be a sure voice of reason with the nouse to put into words what many supporters feel, without resorting to name calling etc. etc.  I am sure you will have the support of  many, if not all the fans. I look forward to the news from the next meeting which I hope will be even more positive than last Monday. Hopefully there will come a time when these negotiations bring  club/supporter changing results. Then we can all be proud of the club, and not a partial laughing stock in this league.

Really pleased the meeting went well, and plaudits for the way you have handled it.

Pluadits to CH too, of course.

Manybe this will be seen in the future as a turning point and the catalyst for success.

On Thursday morning I issued to CH a detailed draft statement regarding the meeting we held on Monday. I requested feedback and any necessary amendments to the statement be communicated to me by lunchtime today. Despite a follow up email this morning (which was acknowledged by CH) no such response/amendment has been received.

I am keen to maintain an amicable and positive relationship with the club, However, I am also conscious that I have committed to publish details of the meeting, on this forum, before the end of the week.

I am also conscious that CH is very busy and may need to consult others before responding. Therefore, I have followed up with a third, strongly worded, email to the club Chairman requesting a response before publishing the information.

However, if I have not received approval or suggested amendments from CH by 17;00 tomorrow, I will publish the information as originally drafted at 18;00 tomorrow.

Yes well done Tubey , echo the above , I'm encouraged by what you've told us so far and am intrigued by the "potential for big change in the coming months"

We're all with you mate

I pinned this to the top of the board as its an important subject... but as we now have 3 threads on the same theme I've unpinned it!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived