01 Jul: SL: Hull KR v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm

Discuss Hull KR v Warrington Wolves here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers desperately need to start getting points soon. If they can put early pressure on Wire they might have a chance, otherwise it's an away win all day.

Hull KR 18 Wire 28.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Could really do with a home win now but I can't see Rovers doing us any favours.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Could really do with a home win now but I can't see Rovers doing us any favours.

Is there a danger of complacency from Wire, with some skin of the banana potential?

Wire need to make sure they get off the bus.

Is there a danger of complacency from Wire, with some skin of the banana potential?

Wire need to make sure they get off the bus.

Consider yourself arrested by the cliche police.

The conflicted Airlie Birds...

Wire seem to find this a hard place to go - HKR are better than their position suggests. With the extra week, will be hard to beat, so a shock home win for mine.

I don't think Hull KR are better than their position suggests but I agree the week off will be a factor. Especially with Warrington coming off the back of what looked like a tough cup tie.

Rovers could nick this but there's no conflict for me. I hope Warrington nudge them even closer to their rightful place.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Penny try disallowed, fairly even game by sound of it.

Russell try disallowed for forward pass.

Bit of biff over in East Hull, sounds like Jordan Cox and James Green have come to blows.

James Green sent off!

Donaldson scores for a Rovers.

6-0.

Minns over for Rovers.

10-0.

Russell in.

10-4.

Dwyer in, 10-10.

Att 6,287.

8 mins 42 left.

Jack Hughes in for Wire.

10-14.

Ratchford converts,

10-16.

Thornley in at the posts for Rovers.

14-16, kick to come.

16-16.

Ratchford dg misses, game over.

16-16, sounded like a belter.

I don't think Hull KR are better than their position suggests but I agree the week off will be a factor. Especially with Warrington coming off the back of what looked like a tough cup tie.

Rovers could nick this but there's no conflict for me. I hope Warrington nudge them even closer to their rightful place.

Pathetic attempt to do us down. The result achieved with 12 men for 50 mins and Michael Woodhead as Ref...coached by Robert Hicks on the line....demonstrates Rovers false league position. Missing so many players throughout the season we have challenged many of the top teams and thrashed several of the weaker sides...Cas Wakefield and Leeds come to mind. We even shocked the mighty League Leaders in 2 games were we led for long periods. Certain Hull fans have lost touch with reality after a few narrow wins. By next weekend it will be at least 3 weeks since a league win.

If anyone's position is false then Hull comes to mind, a team lucky to have avoided a long injury list all year.

A great game wait to see Rovers tackling stats. Even before the sending off ( for which we got the penalty!) we were looking at 70% possession for Warrington.Second half we were under the cosh. To go behind 16-10 with 5 mins to go was deadly. To come back, absolutely brilliant.

Was unable to catch this game on the radio, so have a few questions.

1. Who was sent off, when and why?

2. Michael? Is he a new ref on the block? Not heard his name before.

3. Robert Hick? What team does he coach?

4. It seems to me that Hull KR did ok to draw at home given their previous performances.

5. How many turned up to the game?

Was unable to catch this game on the radio, so have a few questions.

1. Who was sent off, when and why?

2. Michael? Is he a new ref on the block? Not heard his name before.

3. Robert Hick? What team does he coach?

4. It seems to me that Hull KR did ok to draw at home given their previous performances.

5. How many turned up to the game?

The answers to some of these questions can be found by looking through all twenty odd posts on this thread, lazy ar se.

Hard place to go to at any time. We are now at that time of year when we have pre and post big cup games - I would have thought that would have played some part. Well done to HKR - never have so many talented teams been stuck at the bottom of the league.

From a selfish perspective, a draw works as well as a loss for Wigan, given Wire's vastly superior points difference. It seems odd to be sitting above a team which crushed us twice this year...

Archived