5.Warrington

6. Leeds

7. Salford

8. Wakefield

9. Catalans

10.Huddersfeild

11.Widnes

12. Leigh

Huddersfield are a worry with there coach already making excuses about his squad, Wigan look very strong again.

1. Wigan

2. Saints

3. Hull

4. Castleford

5.Warrington

6. Leeds

7. Salford

8. Wakefield

9. Catalans

10.Huddersfeild

11.Widnes

12. Leigh

Huddersfield are a worry with there coach already making excuses about his squad, Wigan look very strong again.

Stein apparently can't get players in and doesn't trust what he's got, with team spirit poor, it's said the genius of Brough is their only hope which means Stein maybe has to let the little fella do the business his way, which leaves Stein beholden to Brough. 

Not sure about the exact positions but I can't see past the top 4 being the same as this year with Saints, Wigan, Hull & Wire. None of these 4 have been significantly weakened at all and none of the other clubs have strengthened to the point of really challenging for a top 4 spot. The only outside chance of maybe going close I think could be Cas.

The middle 4 I reckon will be Cas, Leeds Catalans and Widnes. Leaving the bottom 4 of Hudds, Leigh, Salford & Wakey

I can't see anyone being cast adrift at the bottom and Leigh may surprise a few people and pick up a few good wins, but I can't see the consistency being there over 23 rounds to escape the bottom 4. Hudds are the team I'd be most worried about. Despite having a good 4N Brough showed last year that his age is starting to catch up with him and he wasn't able to perform week in week out over the whole year. Add to this the fact that they've bought in a fair few championship standard players with Brierley, Gaskell, Ferguson & Clough and they seem to lack that SL quality thr0ugh the team (McGilvray & Brough aside).

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I worry slightly about Wire. I think we will go one of two ways.

Despite having the best attack, we dont have settled wingers - only Russell is a first choicr and he will probably have to cover ay fullback. I had hoped for one or two outside back signings.

There is a risk that we will be relying on a few of the young lads, which would be nice, but they need to be good enough - they were decent at the end of the year.

Ultimately we lost out in two games by our attack faltering in the big finals - not sure we have done anything to rectify that. If you are the best attack in the league and you keep your opponents down to 12 points in both finals, you should expect to win those games with your attack.

1. Leeds

2. Wigan

3. Warrington

4. St Helens

5. Hull

6. Catalan

7. Widnes

8. Wakefield

9. Huddersfield

10. Castleford

11. Leigh

12. Salford (hopefully) (After another points deduction)

Do we get a prize if we are right?

I don't think you need to worry about prizes seeing as you've predicted Leeds top, especially considering the segayero situation.

Said ex pro couldn't compliment Huddersfield if we'd won our third grand final in a row, he'd still say wed come bottom

Giants recruitment has been steady, added some sorely lacking depth - so far avoided the off season traumas that blighted us last year (and are plaguing other clubs now)

Most important is our conditioning coach is changed, he left us with a woefully out of condition team last season that cost us early on

It's a settled squad at least, and while last season was awful those issues are addressed - this team is not so very different to the one that finished 3rd in 2015...

But hey, the giants are always rubbish right.

Giants might not be challenging for top 4

But I'll bet we make top 8 and probably top 6

Said ex pro couldn't compliment Huddersfield if we'd won our third grand final in a row, he'd still say wed come bottom

Giants recruitment has been steady, added some sorely lacking depth - so far avoided the off season traumas that blighted us last year (and are plaguing other clubs now)

Most important is our conditioning coach is changed, he left us with a woefully out of condition team last season that cost us early on

It's a settled squad at least, and while last season was awful those issues are addressed - this team is not so very different to the one that finished 3rd in 2015...

But hey, the giants are always rubbish right.

Giants might not be challenging for top 4

But I'll bet we make top 8 and probably top 6

Of the players that you got from us...

Ferguson is a damn fine player and very good to watch.  Clough is a real worker but doesn't really have the impact at prop that you'll need.  Gaskell is very good but unfortunately his body is made of biscuits.  The word is, although I can't say for sure but Clough and Gaskell wouldn't play, when they knew they were going to the Giants, when others did (Addy, Ferguson, Clark, Pitts).  So you can read into that what you will about their attitude and how that might play out in a struggling team.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Ferguson I was sorry to see leave us, his form in the 4n was superb though and better imo than England's Second row

Clough, well we need a workhorse so I'll take a non flashy hard worker

Gaskell I'm open on, he did very good things at Saints then went to the Bulls at the worst time, plus bad injury luck

As for refusing to play, I can hardly blame them

Either way, the giants may bomb again in 2017, but 2016 was down to back office and off field issues, not the playing squad

Gaskell I'm open on, he did very good things at Saints

Good things :O

Is this the same Gaskell who's defence was weak (very weak), who's passing was awful, who panicked every time he was put under pressure and who's body is made of biscuit and crumpled every time he got hit.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Good things :O

Is this the same Gaskell who's defence was weak (very weak), who's passing was awful, who panicked every time he was put under pressure and who's body is made of biscuit and crumpled every time he got hit.

See, I've noticed you have a major downer on him

Many other saints fans have praised him

Don't a lot of saints Half backs suffer from injury problems? Maybe you need a new physio?

1. Hull

2. Warrington

3. Saints

4. Cas

5. Wigan

6. Leeds

7. Catalan

8. Widnes

9. Hudds

10. Wakey

11. Salford

12. Leigh

After 23 rounds.  Wigan to push past Cas in the super 8s to make the semis and then the final before coming up short and Warrington gaining revenge for this year.  Despite Leigh finishing bottom I don't think that they will disgrace themselves but maybe take a bit of time to getup and running and will finish top of the middle 8s.  I don't expect there to be any change to the current 12 teams for 2018 but maybe Salford run close by Hull KR in the MPG.

1. Leeds

2. Wigan

3. Warrington

4. St Helens

5. Hull

6. Catalan

7. Widnes

8. Wakefield

9. Huddersfield

10. Castleford

11. Leigh

12. Salford (hopefully) (After another points deduction)

Do we get a prize if we are right?

Welcome to silly season...

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Go on my shot would be:

Wigan (by a country mile)

Saints

Hull

Wire

Leeds

Cas

Catalan

Widnes

Salford

Leigh

Wakefield

Huddersfield

No surprises there I don't think. And although a little biased I can't see anyone getting close to wigan this year looking at the squad we've assembled. You could get a team out of the subs that would give most other teams a hiding.

Escare and navarette and FPN and Burgess in.

Sarg and Crosby and mossop and charnley out.

The argument runs that the many long term injured players will supplement the championship winning team, while the youngsters are on the rise...

Smith out and Tommy L too right?

I think Wigan deserve to be favourites after what they did last year, but I do fancy Hull to finally break the big four dominance this year. If The Kelly gamble is a success then we will be very hard to beat.

Shaul

Talanoa, Griffin, Tuimavave, Fonua

Kelly, Sneyd

Taylor, Houghton, Watts

Minichiello, Manu

Ellis

Bowden, Green, Hadley, Connor

There's some serious talent there, and alot of good players vying for a place too.

1.Leeds

2. Warrington

3. Wigan

4. St Helens

5. Hull

6. Catalans

7. Salford

8. Leigh

9. Castleford

10 Widnes

11. Huddersfield

12. Wakefield

Leigh the seasons surprise team in the early half of the season catching one or two clubs out, bit like Widnes when they first came up. Early season impetus will see them get into the eight.

That said any of the clubs I have listed from 6 to 10 are interchangable on the table

Leeds receive the curse of the rooster, Which I can do safelty from my keyboard thuis avoiding the steely eyed glare of the ex-Royal Marine in charge. Sorry Mac :notme:

The Coaching Sack race... Rick Stone, Laurent Frayssinous, Chris Chester and.... Tony Smith

Who is the mystery pundit named by Parky pulling no punches with his predictions.....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived