21 Apr: SL: Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants (Merged threads)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • Huddersfield Giants

Discuss Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gone for the draw, as, while Huddersfield have the stronger squad and a habit of beating us, we are at home and have shown some toughness this year. Much may depend on how Teirney fares on the wing opposite McGillvray. At least he will have Gelling for company.

Wigan must surely be big favourites for this given their behemoth forwards, their joint top position, steady form their record at home, Hudds' forward absentees and inexperienced squad. A cherry and white night for me.

fartown to smash the riversiders in front of a shocked, silent and, after 70 mins, empty DW stadium. :)

Hope this clears it up for EW.  ;)

Hoping for an away win for obvious reasons but can't see it happening.

Pies 32 Hudds 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That timeline is clearer, though why it's not enough to beat our team without slagging off our fans remains a moot point (but that's TRLland).

It still seems odd for a Giants fan to delight in the complete absence of their own fans.

Wigan are not understrength at the moment in the pack and with Gelling back don't seem all that light elsewhere either

The Giants pack is very light, has been all year, but seems to have found some go forward against a big pack at Warrington so expect a repeat performance if the Warrington match didn't take too much out of them

I expect McGillivray to smash whoever he is against and given Leroy is topping all the stats charts for his position in SL I don't think its too difficult to guess where the ball will be going

Wigan are light in the halves, where perhaps Broughy is now hitting some good form - whatever got into him seems to have been benched for the time being

If the Giants can contain the first 20 minutes like they did against Warrington its an open enough game, be very interesting to see how they keep Bateman quiet, fit and rested with one match back prior to this

And a certain Gene Ormsby sat waiting to play - bit of an X factor player when his head is on the game

Hoping for a close one again as it was earlier in the season with a Giants win but a lot rides on the first quarter I think!

Jeez, a fair few errors already.

As I speak a sensational equalising try for Hudds from Brierley created by Cudjoe in reply to a try from Gelling early doors.

6-6.

Terrific Charnley tackle prevents Hudds try.

Hudds creeping into a bit of dominance over the last few mins.

I wish they'd fine Stevo for every time he says the word "confused".

Really pees me off.

Brierley's 2nd from Brough's kick.

Pies 6 Hudds 12.

Deryck Fox patented reverse kick.

Brierley's a try machine.

So, do people think he might be a SL standard player, now?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6:12 at half time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Awful looping pass from Brough bottled that try, regardless of Charnley's defensive effort.

Brough made a complete pig's ear of that opportunity. When he put the ball out on the full I thought he was heading for one of those games where nothing comes off for him and the pet lip comes out then he came up with that absolute peach of a kick for the second try.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived