Lewis Palfrey

moorside roughyed

Lewis has been a great player and servant to the club. His goal kicking was excellent but his field kicking was poor and i think that and him not being creative enough have been the reason for him going. I wish him well at Rochdale, well kind of  ;)

There is far more to this than meets the eye. The club and Hamilton will only report in the media what they want to tell you. Palfrey was left out for a few games in the second half of the season. Would not be surprised if there had been a falling out with a member of the coaching staff or difference of opinion? Loads of things must go on at the club that we'll know nothing about! It is very easy to say that the lad wants a change of scenery but the reasoning is much deeper than that when he has been offered a lucrative contract. In my honest opinion he can be replaced with a player of much better quality with much more creativity and a better kicking game. How many of his kicks sailed harmlessly into touch and offered nothing?

Palfrey was great for us last season and is a great goalkicker. This season he started well but he lacked creativity in the middle of the season which coincided with him being dropped. For me the 2nd half in the Whitehaven game demonstrated his limitations where he bombed 3 chances by slow decision making / lack of pace. Good luck to him though except against us.

Players movement is always limited by their ability and geographic location. Round here it's us, hairnets or Swinton or if good enough Halifax.

Can't wait for next season!

In that Haven game, Palfs already knew he was moving on.  There were occasions where he could have put somebody else through but he chose to go for a try himself.  It could have cost us but fortunately it didn't, but I don't blame him one bit.  He's been the heart and soul of the side and the desire to go out with his name on the scoresheet must have been irrisistable.

The move may be mutually beneficial but it'll be weird starting a season without him.

Agree Dave, Palfs for me was always 100% Oldham, the lads passion for the fans always came through, encouraging the supporters,tried his heart out week in week out and I can't ask for more than that. People may question his creativity, but let's be right here, In my opinion we don't exactly promote a open style of play, that comes from a coach not a player, you can't be individual and off the cuff if you are playing to team orders. One thing no matter what, is defensively Lewis was fantastic for us,never shirked a tackle. Thanks for the time and effort Palfs you put into this team,Heres to you Lewis Palfrey,Oldham love you more than you will know, woahh woahh. Great times with a top bloke.

PS. Hope all these ex Oldham Players are ready to get the banter when they turn out in a Dogdale shirt next season. The slate is wiped clean then

Heres to you Lewis Palfrey,Oldham love you more than you will know, woahh woahh. Great times with a top bloke.

Absolutely.  In the fullness of time Lewis' contribution to the cause can't be overlooked.

PS. Hope all these ex Oldham Players are ready to get the banter when they turn out in a Dogdale shirt next season. The slate is wiped clean then  

Lewis who?  Ooooooldham :)

Archived